With ratings bolstered in part by the current season’s schedule change, singing competition format The Voice UK has officially been ordered for two more runs on BBC One. The coaching lineup is to be confirmed. There have been reports that Kylie Minogue, who joined this year, may have a tour conflict, but the BBC has said that it would look to accommodate the singer for a potential return to a red chair. The other current coaches are Tom Jones, Ricky Wilson and will.i.am. The third series is leading up to the season finale on April 5 and has generated weekly average audiences of 8.9M since kicking off in January. However, the semi-final this Saturday hit a low, according to overnight data which gave it 5.94M viewers. Season 2 last year suffered a drop, averaging 7.45M viewers, but Season 3 is back on par with Season 1. The resurgence comes as the competition show shifted its airdates for 2014. It has historically run from March, but had been locked in a showdown over the past few springs with ITV rival Britain’s Got Talent. That Simon Cowell show has not officially set its start date for the 8th season, but is expected to do so anytime. Although BGT and The Voice UK are no longer going head-to-head, 2015 may promise another challenge for the BBC show. If it stays in its January kick-off slot, it could find itself up against ITV’s UK version of hot Israeli format Rising Star which is expected to fill the January space that’s been the home of the outgoing Dancing On Ice. The Voice UK is a Talpa UK production in association with Warner Bros-owned Shed Media’s Wall to Wall Media.
‘The Voice UK’ Renewed For Two More Seasons On BBC One
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Tartaglione
- Venice: Al Pacino Waxes On Depression, The Actors Studio & The “Amazing” 'Guardians Of The Galaxy'
- Venice: '99 Homes' Takes On The 1% With Andrew Garfield, Michael Shannon (Video)
- Global Showbiz Briefs: DreamWorks Signs 4- Series Deal With South Korea's Studio Mir; Veteran Aussie Actor Bill Kerr Dies; More
- Venice: Bogdanovich Unveils Screwball Comedy 'She's Funny That Way', Riffs On 'Lost Hollywood'
- Global Showbiz Briefs Chinese Web Giant Youku Launches Heyi Film; eOne Acquires 'Seed' Producer Force Four; More
- Venice: Lido Digs Story Of Charlie Chaplin Graverobbers 'The Price Of Fame'