The youth-targeted network’s summer fling with TMZ has a launch date. The CW said today that Famous In 12, which it’s billing as an “unscripted series/social experiment,” will premiere June 3. The series follows an unknown family’s move to L.A. and subsequent 12-week quest for fame. Guided by the TMZ machine, the family will traipse around town while waging a “fame campaign” on social media and being tracked constantly via Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and YouTube in an effort to wedge its way into the pop culture pantheon. Executive produced by David Garfinkle, Jay Renfroe and Harvey Levin are exec producing the show from Renegade 83 and Harvey Levin Productions in association with Warner Horizon Television and Telepictures.
The CW’s ‘Famous In 12′ Hits The Road To Recognition On June 3
What's Hot on Deadline
'Black Panther' Goes Wild: 2nd Best Sunday $60M+; 3-Day $201M+; 4-Day To Shred 'Jurassic World' & Possibly 'Last Jedi'
Olympic Curling Medalist From Russia Busted For Doping; Wardrobe Malfunction Leaves French Ice Dancer Exposed
Roy Wood Jr. To Star In Parole Officer Comedy From Trevor Noah & Aaron McGruder In Works At Comedy Central
Latest TV News
- ‘The Night Of’ & ‘The Office’ To Be Remade In India – BBC Showcase
- ‘Bad Banks’ Big Berlin Biz; ‘Das Boot’ Wraps; Cineflix Boards U.S. Content – Global Briefs
- 21st Century Fox Doubles Down On “Firewall Remedies” As It Looks To Push Through Sky Deal
- ‘Luther’, ‘Mistresses’ & ‘Life On Mars’ Getting Korean Remakes – BBC Showcase
- Fox News Launching Standalone Subscription Service Fox Nation
- SAG-AFTRA Closes “Wigging” Probe, Says It “Remains Committed” To Ending Practice Of Men Doubling…