The youth-targeted network’s summer fling with TMZ has a launch date. The CW said today that Famous In 12, which it’s billing as an “unscripted series/social experiment,” will premiere June 3. The series follows an unknown family’s move to L.A. and subsequent 12-week quest for fame. Guided by the TMZ machine, the family will traipse around town while waging a “fame campaign” on social media and being tracked constantly via Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and YouTube in an effort to wedge its way into the pop culture pantheon. Executive produced by David Garfinkle, Jay Renfroe and Harvey Levin are exec producing the show from Renegade 83 and Harvey Levin Productions in association with Warner Horizon Television and Telepictures.
The CW’s ‘Famous In 12′ Hits The Road To Recognition On June 3
Trending Now on Deadline
'Dancing With The Stars' Finale Ratings Hit 4-Season High, 'The Voice' Down, 'Flash' & 'Mindy Project' Even
More From Team
- Jon Lindstrom Joins 'True Detective'; Dan Buran Boards TNT's Drug-Trade Pilot
- 'Unfinished Business' Redband Trailer: Vince Vaughn And Company Invade Europe
- 'Late Late Show' Guest Hosts Include Drew Carey & Judd Apatow Ahead Of Corden Debut
- Richard Linklater To Receive Palm Springs Visionary Award For 'Boyhood'
- MPTF's Night Before Oscar Fundraiser Setting Up Shop On Fox Lot
- Matt Barr Joins TNT's Drug-Trade Pilot; Katie Sarife In 'The Michelle Knight Story'