The youth-targeted network’s summer fling with TMZ has a launch date. The CW said today that Famous In 12, which it’s billing as an “unscripted series/social experiment,” will premiere June 3. The series follows an unknown family’s move to L.A. and subsequent 12-week quest for fame. Guided by the TMZ machine, the family will traipse around town while waging a “fame campaign” on social media and being tracked constantly via Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and YouTube in an effort to wedge its way into the pop culture pantheon. Executive produced by David Garfinkle, Jay Renfroe and Harvey Levin are exec producing the show from Renegade 83 and Harvey Levin Productions in association with Warner Horizon Television and Telepictures.
The CW’s ‘Famous In 12′ Hits The Road To Recognition On June 3
Trending Now on Deadline
'Ouija' Says Yes To No. 1, 'John Wick' No. 2 With A Bullet, 'St. Vincent,' 'Birdman' Expansion Results - B.O. Weekend
More From Team
- New York Television Festival Announces 2014 Winners
- UPDATE: Warner Bros Moves Up 'Entourage' Release By A Week
- Terry Keenan Dead: Longtime Business Reporter-Anchor At CNN, CNBC & Fox News
- Film Independent Spirit Awards 2015 To Be Broadcast Live On IFC
- Lyndsy Fonseca Joins 'Marvel's Agent Carter'
- Jim Parsons To Star In Animated 'Elf' Holiday Special On NBC