The youth-targeted network’s summer fling with TMZ has a launch date. The CW said today that Famous In 12, which it’s billing as an “unscripted series/social experiment,” will premiere June 3. The series follows an unknown family’s move to L.A. and subsequent 12-week quest for fame. Guided by the TMZ machine, the family will traipse around town while waging a “fame campaign” on social media and being tracked constantly via Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and YouTube in an effort to wedge its way into the pop culture pantheon. Executive produced by David Garfinkle, Jay Renfroe and Harvey Levin are exec producing the show from Renegade 83 and Harvey Levin Productions in association with Warner Horizon Television and Telepictures.
The CW’s ‘Famous In 12′ Hits The Road To Recognition On June 3
What's Hot on Deadline
Hollywood Cowardice: George Clooney Explains Why Sony Stood Alone In North Korean Cyberterror Attack
Sony Responds To President Obama's Criticism: "We Had No Choice," Still Hope To Release 'The Interview'
Obama: Sony Made Mistake Pulling 'The Interview'; U.S. Will Respond Proportionally At Time And Place We Choose -- Update
'The Interview' Release Would Have Damaged Kim Jong Un Internally, Says Rand Expert Who Saw Movie At Sony's Request
More From Team
- Embeth Davidtz & Jack Noseworthy Join 'Marilyn' Miniseries; 'Lumen' Pilot Rounds Out Cast
- HBO's 'The Normal Heart' To Receive PGA's Stanley Kramer Award
- Watch President Obama Discuss Sony Hack In Year-End Press Conference (Live Stream)
- Comedy Central Moves Up '@Midnight' For 2 Weeks Ahead Of Larry Wilmore Premiere
- MPAA Says North Korea Attack On Sony Is “Despicable, Criminal Act”
- Hulu Acquires 'Fargo' Miniseries In Deal With MGM