The youth-targeted network’s summer fling with TMZ has a launch date. The CW said today that Famous In 12, which it’s billing as an “unscripted series/social experiment,” will premiere June 3. The series follows an unknown family’s move to L.A. and subsequent 12-week quest for fame. Guided by the TMZ machine, the family will traipse around town while waging a “fame campaign” on social media and being tracked constantly via Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and YouTube in an effort to wedge its way into the pop culture pantheon. Executive produced by David Garfinkle, Jay Renfroe and Harvey Levin are exec producing the show from Renegade 83 and Harvey Levin Productions in association with Warner Horizon Television and Telepictures.
The CW’s ‘Famous In 12′ Hits The Road To Recognition On June 3
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Team
- Film Arcade And Paramount Team On Romantic Comedy 'Love, Rosie'
- Pete Hammond's Telluride Q&A With Makers Of 'The Imitation Game' (Video)
- UPDATE: Joan Rivers Remains In Serious Condition Following Thursday Cardiac Arrest
- UPDATE: Abrams Artists & 'Ghost Adventures' Producer End Commissions Dispute
- Wil Wheaton Blogs His Syfy Show Is Toast
- Miranda Mayo Joins 'Pretty Little Liars'; Samm Levine In 'Selfie'