Science Channel is tapping into a science-crazed social media phenomenon for multi-format series I F-ing Love Science, to be exec produced by Craig Ferguson. The show is inspired by the popular Facebook page I F*cking Love Science, which has attracted more than 11M social media followers since it was created three years ago by British biology student Elise Andrew, who is onboard as a consulting producer. The series is produced by Green Mountain West Inc. and Karga7 Productions and will premiere in the fourth quarter, featuring a blend of live-action, animation, and re-creations showcasing the random connectivity of science with appearances by celebrities and scientists. Ferguson made the announcement via taped message Saturday at Science Channel’s SXSW Interactive event . The late-night host will exec produce alongside Green Mountain West partner Rebecca Tucker, Karga7’s Sarah Wetherbee, and Science Channel’s Debbie Adler Myers and Rocky Collins. Science Channel VP Production Bernadette McDaid is overseeing.
SXSW: Science Channel, Craig Ferguson Pact On ‘I F-ing Love Science’
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Yamato
- Zoe Cassavetes Ponders Plight Of The L.A. Actress In 'Day Out Of Days'
- Jason Reitman's 'Men, Women & Children' Pacts With Secret-Spiller Whisper
- Cara Delevingne Circling Beach Boys Musical 'All Summer Long'
- Hot Trailer: 'Open Windows'
- 'Guardians of the Galaxy's Michael Rooker Rejoins Jazz Biopic 'Bolden'
- Giovanni Ribisi, Juno Temple & More Join 'Meadowland'