Following a lengthy casting process, Melissa Roxburgh has landed the female lead of Violet in the planted Supernatural spinoff, now titled Supernatural: Bloodlines (formerly Tribes). Like her new co-stars Nathaniel Buzolic, Sean Faris and Stephen Martines, who all previously recurred on The Vampire Diaries, Roxburgh too has appeared on hit CW series before. She has done an arc on Arrow and a guest stint on the mothership Supernatural series. Written by Andrew Dabb and directed by Robert Singer, Supernatural: Bloodlines revolves around the various mafia-esque monster families that unknowingly to humans “run” the underbelly of Chicago and are being tracked by a newly minted Hunter who’s trying to stop them and rid Chicago of anything or anyone supernatural. Roxburgh’s Violet is a member of the powerful werewolf pack who hides her true nature because of her forbidden love for family rival David (Bozulic). But when cornered, her inner wolf breaks free. The Bloodlines Supernatural episode airs on April 29. Roxburgh is with Gersh.
CW’s ‘Supernatural’ Spinoff Casts Melissa Roxburgh As Female Lead, Gets New Title
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Andreeva
- ABC Buys Medical Thriller From Janine Sherman Barrois & Aaron Kaplan
- Bob Cooper, EOne Prep Post-Apocalyptic Event Series With Book Acquisition
- Fox Buys Detective Drama Based On Australian Miniseries 'Jack Irish'
- 'The Greatest American Hero' Gets Fox Remake With Phil Lord & Chris Miller
- Jennifer Johnson Exiting 'The Following' As Showrunner, Trio Takes Over
- Enver Gjokaj & Chad Michael Murray Cast In ABC Series 'Marvel's Agent Carter'