Looking to broaden its book-centric film portfolio, Summit Entertainment acquired Rachel Renée Russell’s bestselling book series Dork Diaries. Karen Rosenfelt is in talks to produce through her Sunswept Entertainment banner. She did Twilight Saga for Summit. The series revolves around an eighth grader who navigates the perils of a new school, with all the crushes, mean girls and friends and enemies that get in the way. Story is told from the vantage point of being on the low end of the social spectrum.
Summit Acquires Book Series ‘Dork Diaries’
What's Hot on Deadline
Bravo Renews & Expands 'Southern Charm', Sets More 'Shahs Of Sunset' & 'Million Dollar Listing New York'
Latest Film News
- Oscars: Feature Documentary Submissions Unveiled; 145 In Mix
- Sharon Tate Biopic In Works With Kate Bosworth To Star
- Potential Oscar Sleeper ‘Patriots Day’ Lands AFI Fest Closing-Night Slot
- Casey Affleck Writing & Staring In ‘Villain’, Directed By Swedish Helmer Mikael Marcimain
- Rebecca Ferguson Set To Star In ‘The Lady And The Panda’ – AFM
- Starz CFO Scott Macdonald To Leave In Reorganization After Sale To Lionsgate