Looking to broaden its book-centric film portfolio, Summit Entertainment acquired Rachel Renée Russell’s bestselling book series Dork Diaries. Karen Rosenfelt is in talks to produce through her Sunswept Entertainment banner. She did Twilight Saga for Summit. The series revolves around an eighth grader who navigates the perils of a new school, with all the crushes, mean girls and friends and enemies that get in the way. Story is told from the vantage point of being on the low end of the social spectrum.
Summit Acquires Book Series ‘Dork Diaries’
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest Film News
- Want Full California Tax Credit? Bill Says Keep The Music Scoring Local
- Paramount Whistleblower: Emails Reveal Studio Officials Tried To "Freak Her Out"
- ‘Woman In Gold’ Review: Helen Mirren, Ryan Reynolds A Great Pair In Remarkable Story
- Sony Taps Nielsen NRG Exec For Film Research Role
- Colin Trevorrow’s Next Page? Helming ‘Book Of Henry’ For SKE
- Emily Blunt Takes Bite Of ‘Animal Crackers'; ‘Neon Demon’ Cast Is Set – Film Briefs