Looking to broaden its book-centric film portfolio, Summit Entertainment acquired Rachel Renée Russell’s bestselling book series Dork Diaries. Karen Rosenfelt is in talks to produce through her Sunswept Entertainment banner. She did Twilight Saga for Summit. The series revolves around an eighth grader who navigates the perils of a new school, with all the crushes, mean girls and friends and enemies that get in the way. Story is told from the vantage point of being on the low end of the social spectrum.
Summit Acquires Book Series ‘Dork Diaries’
What's Hot on Deadline
Hollywood Cowardice: George Clooney Explains Why Sony Stood Alone In North Korean Cyberterror Attack
Obama: Sony Made Mistake Pulling 'The Interview'; U.S. Will Respond Proportionally At Time And Place We Choose -- Update
More From Fleming Jr
- 'Saturday Night Live' At Halfway Mark: Reconsidering A Hot Mess
- Ben Affleck, Others Stumping For Bradley Cooper's 'American Sniper' Performance
- Did Sony Or Exhibitors Kill 'The Interview?'
- Did We All Help North Korea Hackers Murder Free Speech This Week?
- Sony Pictures Acquires Robert Rodriguez & His Frank Frazetta Homage 'Fire And Ice'
- Hollywood Cowardice: George Clooney Explains Why Sony Stood Alone In North Korean Cyberterror Attack