Jessie T. Usher (Level Up), Ronreaco Lee (Glory, Let’s Stay Together), Erica Ash (Scary Movie 5, The Real Husbands Of Hollywood), Tichina Arnold (Martin, Everybody Hates Chris) and Teyonah Parris (Mad Men, They Came Together) have signed on to Starz’s Survivor’s Remorse, a half-hour scripted comedy series executive produced by NBA star LeBron James, Mike O’Malley, Tom Werner, James’ manager Maverick Carter and Paul Wachter. Survivors Remorse is set in the world of professional basketball and explores the comedy and drama of what truly happens when you make it out. Story follows Cam Calloway (Usher), a basketball phenom in his early 20s who is thrust into the limelight after signing a multimillion-dollar contract with a pro team. Cam, along with his cousin and confidant Reggie Vaughn (Lee), move to Georgia to start Cam’s journey to success. The two confront the challenges of carrying opportunistic family members and their strong ties to the impoverished community that they come from. Ash, repped by DBA and Principato-Young, will play M-Chuck, Cam Calloway’s sister. Arnold, with APA and Zenay R. Arnold, will play Cassie, Cam’s mother; and Parris, with APA and Vanguard Management, will play Reggie’s wife Missy. Usher is repped by Paradigm and Williams Unlimited; Lee by APA, Principato-Young Entertainment and Stone, Meyer and Genow. The series debuts its six-episode first season in the fall on Starz.
Starz Casts Quintet In Basketball Comedy ‘Survivor’s Remorse’
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest TV News
- Amazon Has No Regrets As ‘Man In The High Castle’ Ad Campaign Pulled From NYC Subway – Update
- ‘Grease Live’ First-Look Promo: Hand Jives & Fast Times At Rydell High
- College Sex Scandal Drama From Jessica Mecklenburg & Rod Lurie Lands At NBC
- The Sony Hack One Year Later: Just Who Are The Guardians Of Peace?
- David Canary Dies: ‘All My Children’ Star Was 77
- ‘Superstore’ Review: America Ferrera NBC Comedy Proves Big Not Better