Jessie T. Usher (Level Up), Ronreaco Lee (Glory, Let’s Stay Together), Erica Ash (Scary Movie 5, The Real Husbands Of Hollywood), Tichina Arnold (Martin, Everybody Hates Chris) and Teyonah Parris (Mad Men, They Came Together) have signed on to Starz’s Survivor’s Remorse, a half-hour scripted comedy series executive produced by NBA star LeBron James, Mike O’Malley, Tom Werner, James’ manager Maverick Carter and Paul Wachter. Survivors Remorse is set in the world of professional basketball and explores the comedy and drama of what truly happens when you make it out. Story follows Cam Calloway (Usher), a basketball phenom in his early 20s who is thrust into the limelight after signing a multimillion-dollar contract with a pro team. Cam, along with his cousin and confidant Reggie Vaughn (Lee), move to Georgia to start Cam’s journey to success. The two confront the challenges of carrying opportunistic family members and their strong ties to the impoverished community that they come from. Ash, repped by DBA and Principato-Young, will play M-Chuck, Cam Calloway’s sister. Arnold, with APA and Zenay R. Arnold, will play Cassie, Cam’s mother; and Parris, with APA and Vanguard Management, will play Reggie’s wife Missy. Usher is repped by Paradigm and Williams Unlimited; Lee by APA, Principato-Young Entertainment and Stone, Meyer and Genow. The series debuts its six-episode first season in the fall on Starz.
Starz Casts Quintet In Basketball Comedy ‘Survivor’s Remorse’
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest TV News
- Sony Pictures TV Studios Names Jeffrey Glaser Head Of Current; Kim Rozenfeld Poised To Go To Apple
- ‘This Is Us’ Makeup Artist Zoe Hay On Finding The Right Approach To Subtle Aging Makeup
- Is Bob Iger Fed Up With One Of Disney’s Most Vigorous Wall Street Critics?
- Freeform Sets Cast For Christmas Movie ‘Angry Angel’ As Production Begins
- ‘Galaxy Quest’ TV Series Back On Launchpad At Amazon With Paul Scheer Writing
- Conan O’Brien Offers To Help Jared Kushner Broker Middle East Solution, Announces Israel Road Trip