EXCLUSIVE: Sony Pictures has acquired an untitled pitch from Kate Angelo. Escape Artists‘ Steve Tisch, Todd Black and Jason Blumenthal will produce, with Hannah Minghella overseeing for the studio. Both Sony and Escape Artists completed the Angelo-scripted Sex Tape with Jason Segel and Cameron Diaz, which Sony releases July 25. Jake Kasdan directed. They are keeping Angelo’s new pitch under wraps, but it’s a female-driven road-trip comedy involving three best friends. Interesting note on Sex Tape: There has been suspicion that the film was going to be retitled Basic Math. That’s not the case. The production crew used that as the working title because it was hard to get locations to shoot the comedy with the other title, for reasons that are self-evident. UTA and David Fox rep Angelo.
Sony, Escape Artists Buy Pitch From ‘Sex Tape’ Scribe Kate Angelo
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest Film News
- Michael B. Jordan, Jennifer Yuh Nelson Plot ‘A Bittersweet Life’ For Fox & 21 Laps
- UTA Signs DeWanda Wise, Star Of Spike Lee Series ‘She's Gotta Have It’
- Olivia Colman, Alice Englert, Thomas Mann Set For ‘Them That Follow’
- Is Bob Iger Fed Up With One Of Disney’s Most Vigorous Wall Street Critics?
- The Orchard Lands ‘Outside In’ & Magnolia Acquires ‘The Gospel According To André’; Both…
- Bart & Fleming: How Bad Was Movie Summer 2017?