EXCLUSIVE: Sony Pictures has acquired an untitled pitch from Kate Angelo. Escape Artists‘ Steve Tisch, Todd Black and Jason Blumenthal will produce, with Hannah Minghella overseeing for the studio. Both Sony and Escape Artists completed the Angelo-scripted Sex Tape with Jason Segel and Cameron Diaz, which Sony releases July 25. Jake Kasdan directed. They are keeping Angelo’s new pitch under wraps, but it’s a female-driven road-trip comedy involving three best friends. Interesting note on Sex Tape: There has been suspicion that the film was going to be retitled Basic Math. That’s not the case. The production crew used that as the working title because it was hard to get locations to shoot the comedy with the other title, for reasons that are self-evident. UTA and David Fox rep Angelo.
Sony, Escape Artists Buy Pitch From ‘Sex Tape’ Scribe Kate Angelo
What's Hot on Deadline
Arrow/Flash Superhero Team-Up Spinoff In Works At CW; Brandon Routh, Victor Garber, Wentworth Miller, Caity Lotz Star
More From Fleming Jr
- Bart & Fleming: Tom Rothman Rises; Adam Goodman Exits; Raunchy Comediennes
- New Regency Acquires Film For ’71’s Yann Demange To Direct, Plan B To Produce
- Bruce Lee Family Plans New Film Biopic
- A Third Robin Hood Script Enters The Fray; This By King Arthur Scribe Joby Harold
- Rob Letterman Doffs ‘Captain Underpants'; ‘Turbo’s David Soren Being Fitted For DWA Pic
- Will ‘The Crow’ Fly With Jack Huston?