EXCLUSIVE: Sony Pictures has acquired an untitled pitch from Kate Angelo. Escape Artists‘ Steve Tisch, Todd Black and Jason Blumenthal will produce, with Hannah Minghella overseeing for the studio. Both Sony and Escape Artists completed the Angelo-scripted Sex Tape with Jason Segel and Cameron Diaz, which Sony releases July 25. Jake Kasdan directed. They are keeping Angelo’s new pitch under wraps, but it’s a female-driven road-trip comedy involving three best friends. Interesting note on Sex Tape: There has been suspicion that the film was going to be retitled Basic Math. That’s not the case. The production crew used that as the working title because it was hard to get locations to shoot the comedy with the other title, for reasons that are self-evident. UTA and David Fox rep Angelo.
Sony, Escape Artists Buy Pitch From ‘Sex Tape’ Scribe Kate Angelo
What's Hot on Deadline
Hollywood Cowardice: George Clooney Explains Why Sony Stood Alone In North Korean Cyberterror Attack
Sony Responds To President Obama's Criticism: "We Had No Choice," Still Hope To Release 'The Interview'
Obama: Sony Made Mistake Pulling 'The Interview'; U.S. Will Respond Proportionally At Time And Place We Choose -- Update
More From Fleming Jr
- Ben Affleck, Others Stumping For Bradley Cooper's 'American Sniper' Performance
- Did Sony Or Exhibitors Kill 'The Interview?'
- Did We All Help North Korea Hackers Murder Free Speech This Week?
- Sony Pictures Acquires Robert Rodriguez & His Frank Frazetta Homage 'Fire And Ice'
- Hollywood Cowardice: George Clooney Explains Why Sony Stood Alone In North Korean Cyberterror Attack
- Anthony Mackie, Helmer Justin Simien 'Make A Wish' At Paramount