EXCLUSIVE: Sony Pictures has acquired an untitled pitch from Kate Angelo. Escape Artists‘ Steve Tisch, Todd Black and Jason Blumenthal will produce, with Hannah Minghella overseeing for the studio. Both Sony and Escape Artists completed the Angelo-scripted Sex Tape with Jason Segel and Cameron Diaz, which Sony releases July 25. Jake Kasdan directed. They are keeping Angelo’s new pitch under wraps, but it’s a female-driven road-trip comedy involving three best friends. Interesting note on Sex Tape: There has been suspicion that the film was going to be retitled Basic Math. That’s not the case. The production crew used that as the working title because it was hard to get locations to shoot the comedy with the other title, for reasons that are self-evident. UTA and David Fox rep Angelo.
Sony, Escape Artists Buy Pitch From ‘Sex Tape’ Scribe Kate Angelo
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Fleming Jr
- Indie Audax Outbids For David Weil Spec 'Moonfall'
- Lionsgate Buys Opera-Themed Comedy 'The Three Tenors'
- RADiUS To Release SXSW Winner 'The Great Invisible'
- A 'Sophie's Choice': 'Jaws' Or 'Goodfellas'?
- Paul Schrader's 'Dying Of The Light' Acquired By Lionsgate Home Entertainment