It’s “a dream come true for me,” the comic says in what appeared to be a serious opening moment as he replaced Seth Meyers in the show’s spot for topical humor. The segment included a lengthy routine featuring Kenan Thompson as Charles Barkley playing straight man to Jay Pharoah as a semi-literate Shaquille O’Neal.
Saturday Night Live’s Colin Jost Makes His Debut On ‘Weekend Update’
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Team
- 'Sleepy Hollow' Heads To Hulu Plus
- Courtney B. Vance & James Remar Join 'State Of Affairs'; Jennifer Healy Takes 'Selfie'
- Relativity Teams With Jonathan Goldstein and John Francis Daley On 'All Day And A Night'
- EMMYS: Mindy Kaling, Liev Schreiber, Kate Walsh & More Join Presenters List
- Damon Lindelof Pens 'Lost'-Themed Episode Of 'Phineas And Ferb'
- Paramount Sets October 'Men, Women & Children' Dates