In its first such ageement, Sky Deutschland has pacted with Red Arrow International to join 100 Code as co-producer. The 21st Century Fox-owned outfit will take all exclusive pay and free TV rights in German-speaking territories fo all platforms. Lost alum Dominic Monaghan and Swedish-born Michael Nyqvist (Mission Impossible: Ghost Protocol) star in the 12-episode drama created by Bobby Moresco (Crash). Shooting starts in May on the series that’s based on Irish author Ken Bruens’ novel Merrick. Set between Stockholm and New York, 100 Code sees New York detective Tommy Conley (Monaghan) sent to Sweden to advise the local police amid a rash of ruthless muders. He’s paired with veteran homicide detective Mikael Eklund (Nyqvist), a by-the-book Swedish nationalist with an aversion to America’s grab-and-go culture. The duo can’t stand each other but must learn to work together to stop the killings. The drama was developed by Red Arrow’s LA-based scripted arm, Fabrik Entertainment (The Killing) and is produced by 100 Code AB and Zen Productions. Joakim Hansson, Klaus Zimmermann and Fabrik’s Henrik Bastin are exec producers with Moresco. The series is yet to be shopped to U.S. networks, but Red Arrow will surely be talking it up at next month’s Mip-TV.
Sky Deutschland To Co-Produce Bobby Moresco Serial Killer Series ‘100 Code’
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest International News
- Barry Jenkins’ ‘Moonlight’ To Shine On Rome Film Fest’s Opening Night
- ‘Das Boot’: Sonar Acquires Rights To Event Series; Boards As Co-Producer
- Netflix’s Ted Sarandos Says Company’s Creative Involvement Is “Always Invited”
- Bart & Fleming: How Will Wanda & Other Chinese Backers Change Movie Content?
- NBCUni CEO Steve Burke Applauds Presidential Debate Moderator Lester Holt
- Global Media Reacts To Trump Vs. Clinton Debate