EXCLUSIVE: Fox has acquired original sci-fi feature pitch Invisible from VFX pro Dan Blank (Avatar, Watchmen), in a story described as following in the vein of superhero sci-fi thriller Chronicle. Blank utilized his VFX chops when he directed Monster Roll, an action comedy short about sushi chefs who fight back against a giant sea monster that went viral in 2012. (Watch it below.) Invisible will be written by Doug Simon, who co-wrote SXSW Audience Award-winner Brotherhood and made the 2013 Black List with his Burn Site script. Project will be produced by Fox-based Hutch Parker Entertainment, whose Dan Wilson and Tom Vance will head the film’s development alongside R&G Productions’ Steve Tzirlin and Fox’s Steve Asbell. Hutch Parker is finishing Bryan Singer’s X-Men: Days of Future Past and soon begins production on the Josh Trank-helmed Fantastic Four reboot. Blank is repped by Verve and attorney Ryan Nord and Simon is repped by Verve, Generate and attorneys PJ Shapiro and Wendy Kirk. Since details are under wraps on Invisible, check out Blank’s Monster Roll:
Sci-Fi Pitch ‘Invisible’ Materializes At Fox
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Yamato
- Peter Facinelli's A7SLE Films Hires 'Cropsey' Scribe
- The Orchard Acquires Survival Thriller 'Preservation'
- Robert Simonds' New Studio Taps Kevin Grayson To Head Domestic Distribution
- 'Step Up's Ryan Guzman Joins Richard Linklater Baseball Pic
- Gerald McRaney Joins D.J. Caruso-Helmed 'The Disappointments Room'
- Rose McGowan Eyes Oscar With Short Film 'Dawn'