Columbus Short seemed to have taken the whole Gladiator thing a bit too far and now could find himself behind bars for up to 4 years. The Scandal regular was arrested by the Claremont Police Department on a warrant today and released on $50,000 bail, according to the L.A. County D.A.’s office. The arrest comes one day after Short was charged with one count of felony battery with serious bodily harm over an alleged brawl in a West L.A. restaurant on March 15 that saw the other guy KO’d. Short has played lawyer Harrison Wright on the hit ABC show since Season 1. His character is part of the elite crew of high-level D.C. fixer Olivia Pope (Kerry Washington). ABC and creator Shonda Rhimes’ Shondaland production company had no comment on the West L.A. incident. Sources say it didn’t affect production on the latest season of Scandal, which wraps this week. However, with a potential multi-year stint in state prison if found guilty, Short’s future on the show beyond this season is uncertain. The actor is expected to be arraigned on the felony charge within the next 30 days.
‘Scandal’ Actor Arrested, Faces Up To 4 Years In Prison
What's Hot on Deadline
Sony Pictures Confirms Quentin Tarantino Deal; Margot Robbie, Tom Cruise, Brad Pitt, Leonardo DiCaprio Circling
Ryan Eggold, Who Played Fan Favorite Tom Keen In 'The Blacklist,' Joins Spike Lee's 'Black Klansman'
Actress Accuses 'Girls' EP Murray Miller Of Sexual Assault; Showrunners Lena Dunham & Jenni Konner Defend Him - Update
Latest TV News
- David Cassidy Hospitalized With Reported Organ Failure
- ‘Hawaii Five-O’ Ratings Top Night Again, ’20/20′ Hits Viewership Season High
- Ann Wedgeworth Dies: ‘Three’s Company’, ‘Sweet Dreams’ Actress Was 83
- Malcolm Young Dies: AC/DC Guitarist Rocked Charts & TV-Film Soundtracks
- Bill Maher: Don’t Lump Al Franken With Weinstein, Spacey & Donald Trump
- Wendy Pepper Dies: Contestant On First Season Of ‘Project Runway’ Was 53