Columbus Short seemed to have taken the whole Gladiator thing a bit too far and now could find himself behind bars for up to 4 years. The Scandal regular was arrested by the Claremont Police Department on a warrant today and released on $50,000 bail, according to the L.A. County D.A.’s office. The arrest comes one day after Short was charged with one count of felony battery with serious bodily harm over an alleged brawl in a West L.A. restaurant on March 15 that saw the other guy KO’d. Short has played lawyer Harrison Wright on the hit ABC show since Season 1. His character is part of the elite crew of high-level D.C. fixer Olivia Pope (Kerry Washington). ABC and creator Shonda Rhimes’ Shondaland production company had no comment on the West L.A. incident. Sources say it didn’t affect production on the latest season of Scandal, which wraps this week. However, with a potential multi-year stint in state prison if found guilty, Short’s future on the show beyond this season is uncertain. The actor is expected to be arraigned on the felony charge within the next 30 days.
‘Scandal’ Actor Arrested, Faces Up To 4 Years In Prison
What's Hot on Deadline
'Fifty Shades' Dominant With $277M WW; 'La La' Lands $200M+ Overseas; 'XXX' Tops In China - International Box Office
Simon & Schuster Cancels Milo Yiannopoulos 'Dangerous' Book Deal After Conservative Blog Digs Up Old Interview
Latest TV News
- Harold Lloyd Pics To Be Animated; INTV Adds Li Ruigang Keynote – Global Briefs
- Seth Meyers: Donald Trump’s Past Few Years In Office Have Only Been One Month
- ‘Timeless’ Season Finale: Shawn Ryan On Big Twist & Reset For Potential Season 2
- ‘Timeless’ Awaits Renewal Decision By NBC As Season 1 Ends: Is It Out Of Time?
- Conan O’Brien Makes Guest Appearance On Mexican Telenovela ‘Mi Adorable Maldición’
- Brenda Buttner Dies: Fox News ‘Bulls And Bears’ Host Was 55