Columbus Short seemed to have taken the whole Gladiator thing a bit too far and now could find himself behind bars for up to 4 years. The Scandal regular was arrested by the Claremont Police Department on a warrant today and released on $50,000 bail, according to the L.A. County D.A.’s office. The arrest comes one day after Short was charged with one count of felony battery with serious bodily harm over an alleged brawl in a West L.A. restaurant on March 15 that saw the other guy KO’d. Short has played lawyer Harrison Wright on the hit ABC show since Season 1. His character is part of the elite crew of high-level D.C. fixer Olivia Pope (Kerry Washington). ABC and creator Shonda Rhimes’ Shondaland production company had no comment on the West L.A. incident. Sources say it didn’t affect production on the latest season of Scandal, which wraps this week. However, with a potential multi-year stint in state prison if found guilty, Short’s future on the show beyond this season is uncertain. The actor is expected to be arraigned on the felony charge within the next 30 days.
‘Scandal’ Actor Arrested, Faces Up To 4 Years In Prison
What's Hot on Deadline
Peter Jackson & Fran Walsh Rev 'Mortal Engines'; Directing Debut For 'Hobbit' VFX Protege Christian Rivers
Bernie Sanders: Obama Administration "Should Kill" The AT&T-Time Warner Deal: "Higher Prices & Fewer Choices"
Latest TV News
- Obama Derides Donald Trump In ‘Jimmy Kimmel Live’ Visit
- Media-Loathing Donald Trump Launches Alt Nightly Campaign Coverage
- Michael Gleason Dies; ‘Remington Steele’ Co-Creator Was 78
- Charter Fails To Get Byron Allen’s $10B Racial Discrimination Suit Dismissed
- ‘Ice’: Antoine Fuqua Pulls Back, Remains Executive Producer On DirecTV Series
- Lady Gaga Talks Super Bowl, Shouts At Drivers In ‘Carpool Karaoke’ Sneak Peek