With only five new installments of Saturday Night Live in the three months since the beginning of 2014, the late-night show has struggled to find a rhythm with viewers lately. Last night’s show hosted by Louis C.K. with musical guest Sam Smith averaged a 4.0 in the metered market households and a 2.1 in adults 18-49 in the 25 markets with Local People Meters. That was down a tenth in households and even in 18-49 with SNL‘s most recent original hosted by Lena Dunham which posted SNL‘s second-lowest results of the season in both households and 18-49. Last night’s show too is the second-lowest rated of the season in both categories. (The season low marks were logged by the October 26 show hosted by Ed Norton, 3.9 in households, and the Nov. 23 edition hosted by Josh Hutcherson, 2.0 in 18-49). In comparison, Louis C.K.’s first turn as SNL hosts was one of the highest rated of the 2012-13 season, drawing a 3.0 in 18-49.
‘Saturday Night Live’ Ratings Stay Low With Louis C.K. As Host
What's Hot on Deadline
'Deadpool' Nabs All-Time R-Rated Record Opening: $135M Over 3-Days, $150M+ 4-day - Sunday AM First Update
WGA Awards: 'Spotlight' & 'The Big Short' Take Marquee Film Honors; 'Mad Men', 'Veep' & 'Mr. Robot' Top TV - Full List
Video - Melissa McCarthy Spoofs Hollywood's Audience Test Screenings & Cracks Up Leslie Jones: 'Saturday Night Live'
Latest TV News
- Video – Kanye West & Kyle Mooney’s Rap Duel: ‘Saturday Night Live’
- Video – Melissa McCarthy Spoofs Hollywood’s Audience Test Screenings & Cracks Up Leslie Jones: ‘Saturday Night Live…
- Video – Melissa McCarthy Palms Fellow Cat Lady Kate McKinnon: ‘Saturday Night Live’
- ‘Purity’ Drama Starring Daniel Craig From Scott Rudin Eyes Series Order
- GOP Debate Live Blog: And Then There Were Six
- Anderson Cooper To Moderate Back To Back South Carolina GOP Town Halls