With only five new installments of Saturday Night Live in the three months since the beginning of 2014, the late-night show has struggled to find a rhythm with viewers lately. Last night’s show hosted by Louis C.K. with musical guest Sam Smith averaged a 4.0 in the metered market households and a 2.1 in adults 18-49 in the 25 markets with Local People Meters. That was down a tenth in households and even in 18-49 with SNL‘s most recent original hosted by Lena Dunham which posted SNL‘s second-lowest results of the season in both households and 18-49. Last night’s show too is the second-lowest rated of the season in both categories. (The season low marks were logged by the October 26 show hosted by Ed Norton, 3.9 in households, and the Nov. 23 edition hosted by Josh Hutcherson, 2.0 in 18-49). In comparison, Louis C.K.’s first turn as SNL hosts was one of the highest rated of the 2012-13 season, drawing a 3.0 in 18-49.
‘Saturday Night Live’ Ratings Stay Low With Louis C.K. As Host
What's Hot on Deadline
Family-Branded Films On Fire: 'Beauty And The Beast' Headed To $90M+; 'Power Rangers' Mighty With $40M+
'Westworld' Team On The Series' Super-Engaged Fan Base, Music Hints & Being Part Of The Solution - PaleyFest
'Beauty And The Beast' Nears $700M WW; 'Kong' Has Mighty $72M China Bow, Tops $250M Offshore - International Box Office
Latest TV News
- ‘American Horror Story’ At Paley Fest: Is Sarah Paulson’s Supreme ‘Coven’ Character Returning In…
- Sean Hannity Defends Himself After Ted Koppel Says “He's Bad For America” On 'CBS Sunday Morning'
- ‘Scandal’ Cast Tease 100th Episode & Characters’ Fates At Emotional Panel – PaleyFest
- CNN Hires “Silly, Craven” Conservatives, Podcaster Jon Lovett Says…On CNN
- The President Trumpets Jeanine Pirro: Is Paul Ryan Just Collateral Damage?
- ‘Westworld’ Team On The Series’ Super-Engaged Fan Base, Music Hints & Being Part Of The Solution…