With only five new installments of Saturday Night Live in the three months since the beginning of 2014, the late-night show has struggled to find a rhythm with viewers lately. Last night’s show hosted by Louis C.K. with musical guest Sam Smith averaged a 4.0 in the metered market households and a 2.1 in adults 18-49 in the 25 markets with Local People Meters. That was down a tenth in households and even in 18-49 with SNL‘s most recent original hosted by Lena Dunham which posted SNL‘s second-lowest results of the season in both households and 18-49. Last night’s show too is the second-lowest rated of the season in both categories. (The season low marks were logged by the October 26 show hosted by Ed Norton, 3.9 in households, and the Nov. 23 edition hosted by Josh Hutcherson, 2.0 in 18-49). In comparison, Louis C.K.’s first turn as SNL hosts was one of the highest rated of the 2012-13 season, drawing a 3.0 in 18-49.
‘Saturday Night Live’ Ratings Stay Low With Louis C.K. As Host
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
UPDATE: 'Cops' Bryce Dion Killed By Friendly Fire In Omaha While Filming Response To Wendy's Robbery
More From Andreeva
- Family Man Comedy From Bill Wrubel Gets CBS Pilot Production Commitment
- Fox Buys Sci-Fi Drama 'Nod' From Jason Richman & Chernin Co.
- Rila Fukushima Joins 'Arrow', Riley Voelkel Cast In 'Point Of Honor'
- Fox Buys College Comedy From Weezer Frontman Rivers Cuomo & 'Psych' Creator Steve Franks As Put Pilot
- Jason Bateman's Aggregate Films Reups Film & TV Deal With Universal, Hires Executive
- Zach Galifianakis & Louis C.K.'s Comedy 'Baskets' Gets FX Series Order