The big promo push for Lena Dunham‘s hosting of Saturday Night Live that included her appearing on NBC’s Today and Late Night With Seth Meyers did not pay off, even with Girls creator/star discussing/displaying some of her signature nudity on the late-night sketch show. Last night, the Dunham-hosted SNL with musical guest The National averaged a 4.1 household rating in the metered markets and a 2.1 in adults 18-49 in the markets with Local People Meters. That was down 11% in households and down 19% in 18-49 from last week’s show hosted by Jim Parsons. These are SNL‘s second-lowest results of the season in both households and 18-49.
‘Saturday Night Live’ Ratings Down With Lena Dunham As Host
What's Hot on Deadline
Oscars: Best Picture Envelope Disaster Can't Take Away Triumph Of Best Academy Awards Show In Many A Moon(light)
Emma Stone On 'La La Land' & 'Moonlight' Best Picture Snafu: "I Was Holding The Best Actress Card The Entire Time"
Latest TV News
- Bill Cosby Loses Attempt To Move 2004 Rape Trial; Actor Granted Outside Jury
- ‘Incorporated’ Canceled By Syfy After One Season
- Time Warner Shares Rise As FCC Chief Says He Probably Won’t Review AT&T Deal
- Rachelle Lefevre To Star In ‘Doomsday’ ABC Drama Pilot
- Sony Pictures Television Taps Jennifer Solari As VP Media & Talent Relations
- Steve Harvey To Warren Beatty: “Call Me”