After facing off in Magnolia’s upcoming The Sacrament, Gene Jones and AJ Bowen have been set to reunite in horror pic Dementia from BoulderLight Pictures. Jones, who appeared in No Country For Old Men and House Of Cards prior to his role as a charismatic cult leader in Ti West’s June release The Sacrament, will star as an elderly veteran diagnosed with dementia who begins to suspect his live-in nurse harbors a sinister secret. Bowen (You’re Next) has been cast as his son in the pic which also co-stars Kristina Klebe (Proxy), Marc Senter (Red, White, and Blue), Graham Skipper (Almost Human), and Hassie Harrison. Dementia is produced by relative newcomers Raphael Margules and J.D. Lifshitz, whose BoulderLight shingle produced this year’s indie horror Contracted as well as the upcoming Uncaged, also starring Jones. Helmer Mike Testin was DP on Contracted and will make his feature directorial debut on Dementia as production ramps up next week in L.A. Script is by Meredith Berg who made the genre-focused Blood List with Faceless. North American sales will be handled by XYZ Films with BoulderLight repping international. Jones is repped by Ann Steele Agency; Bowen is with One Entertainment; and Berg is repped by Marc Manus.
‘Sacrament’ Duo Gene Jones, AJ Bowen Reunite For ‘Dementia’
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest Film News
- ‘Cinderella’ Counts $337.3M At Global Ball; ‘Insurgent’ Secures $178.2M Worldwide – Int’l B.O…
- Want Full California Tax Credit? Bill Says Keep The Music Scoring Local
- Paramount Whistleblower: Emails Reveal Studio Officials Tried To "Freak Her Out"
- ‘Woman In Gold’ Review: Helen Mirren, Ryan Reynolds A Great Pair In Remarkable Story
- Sony Taps Nielsen NRG Exec For Film Research Role
- Colin Trevorrow’s Next Page? Helming ‘Book Of Henry’ For SKE