EXCLUSIVE: Route One Films has optioned Hot Air, a spec written by first-time New York-based screenwriter Will Reichel. The project was brought in by VP Megan Hughes, who will co-produce. Route One is a partner in a $110M equity financing fund backed by the South Korean Government, Union Global Content Investment Fund. The film will be produced by Jay Stern and executive produced by Russell Levine, both principals at Route One. Route One will package and finance. Written in the tone of About A Boy, Hot Air tells the story of a powerful right-wing talk-radio host who has the world on a string until the teenage niece he never knew existed shows up on his doorstep. What follows is a relationship that will change the course of both of their lives. Reichel recently signed with CAA and The Gotham Group’s Eric Robinson based on that script, and then Route One stepped up to aggressively take it off of the table before it went wide.
Route One Bags Spec Script ‘Hot Air’
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Fleming Jr
- Holy Macau…Casino Short Film Lineup: Scorsese, De Niro, DiCaprio, Pitt
- Venice Spotlight: Ami Canaan Mann On 'Jackie & Ryan'
- Not So Fast On 'Hey Ho, Let's Go'
- 'Sons Of Anarchy's Charlie Hunnam Is Guy Ritchie's Choice For King Arthur
- Dark Day For Civility In Trade Journalism
- Steve Carell Reunites With Julianne Moore In 'Freeheld'