EXCLUSIVE: Route One Films has optioned Hot Air, a spec written by first-time New York-based screenwriter Will Reichel. The project was brought in by VP Megan Hughes, who will co-produce. Route One is a partner in a $110M equity financing fund backed by the South Korean Government, Union Global Content Investment Fund. The film will be produced by Jay Stern and executive produced by Russell Levine, both principals at Route One. Route One will package and finance. Written in the tone of About A Boy, Hot Air tells the story of a powerful right-wing talk-radio host who has the world on a string until the teenage niece he never knew existed shows up on his doorstep. What follows is a relationship that will change the course of both of their lives. Reichel recently signed with CAA and The Gotham Group’s Eric Robinson based on that script, and then Route One stepped up to aggressively take it off of the table before it went wide.
Route One Bags Spec Script ‘Hot Air’
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest Film News
- [PHOTOS] 2017 Oscar Nominees Part 2: Emma Stone, Matt Damon, Natalie Portman, Justin Timberlake & More
- 'I Am Not Your Negro' Tops $3.2M, 'Everybody Loves Somebody' Opens at $1M – Specialty Box Office
- Mark Duplass Urges Oscar Win For Barry Jenkins’ ‘Moonlight’
- Holdovers Reign Over Presidents’ Day Weekend, But Why Did The New Releases Tank?
- ‘Fifty Shades’ Dominant With $277M WW; ‘La La’ Lands $200M+ Overseas; ‘XXX’ Tops In China – International…
- CAS Awards: ‘La La Land’, ‘Game Of Thrones’ Among Winners – Full List