EXCLUSIVE: Route One Films has optioned Hot Air, a spec written by first-time New York-based screenwriter Will Reichel. The project was brought in by VP Megan Hughes, who will co-produce. Route One is a partner in a $110M equity financing fund backed by the South Korean Government, Union Global Content Investment Fund. The film will be produced by Jay Stern and executive produced by Russell Levine, both principals at Route One. Route One will package and finance. Written in the tone of About A Boy, Hot Air tells the story of a powerful right-wing talk-radio host who has the world on a string until the teenage niece he never knew existed shows up on his doorstep. What follows is a relationship that will change the course of both of their lives. Reichel recently signed with CAA and The Gotham Group’s Eric Robinson based on that script, and then Route One stepped up to aggressively take it off of the table before it went wide.
Route One Bags Spec Script ‘Hot Air’
What's Hot on Deadline
Arrow/Flash Superhero Team-Up Spinoff In Works At CW; Brandon Routh, Victor Garber, Wentworth Miller, Caity Lotz Star
Bill O'Reilly Victim Of "Orchestrated Campaign" Fox News Says As He Responds To One Of New Reports – Update
More From Fleming Jr
- New Regency Acquires Film For ’71’s Yann Demange To Direct, Plan B To Produce
- Bruce Lee Family Plans New Film Biopic
- A Third Robin Hood Script Enters The Fray; This By King Arthur Scribe Joby Harold
- Rob Letterman Doffs ‘Captain Underpants'; ‘Turbo’s David Soren Being Fitted For DWA Pic
- Will ‘The Crow’ Fly With Jack Huston?
- Marc Forster Sets Blake Lively, Jason Clarke For ‘All I See Is You’