EXCLUSIVE: Route One Films has optioned Hot Air, a spec written by first-time New York-based screenwriter Will Reichel. The project was brought in by VP Megan Hughes, who will co-produce. Route One is a partner in a $110M equity financing fund backed by the South Korean Government, Union Global Content Investment Fund. The film will be produced by Jay Stern and executive produced by Russell Levine, both principals at Route One. Route One will package and finance. Written in the tone of About A Boy, Hot Air tells the story of a powerful right-wing talk-radio host who has the world on a string until the teenage niece he never knew existed shows up on his doorstep. What follows is a relationship that will change the course of both of their lives. Reichel recently signed with CAA and The Gotham Group’s Eric Robinson based on that script, and then Route One stepped up to aggressively take it off of the table before it went wide.
Route One Bags Spec Script ‘Hot Air’
What's Hot on Deadline
'The Brothers Grimsby': Trailer Or Titillating Clip "Shown" On 'Jimmy Kimmel Live' – Which Works Better?
Four Studios Bidding On 'Gone Girl' Author Gillian Flynn's Short Story 'The Grownup': Hot Package Du Jour
Latest Film News
- Competition Drama ‘Alone In Berlin’ Acquired By Altitude, Picturehouse In UK
- Clémence Poésy In ‘Final Portrait’ Frame; TrustNordisk Contracts Ole Bornedal’s Next – Berlin
- Hot Berlin Titles: What Buyers Are Buzzing About At The EFM
- Jose Padilha In Negotiations To Direct ‘Entebbe’ For Working Title, Studiocanal – Berlin
- ‘Mother’s Day’ Trailer: Roberts, Aniston, Hudson & Sudeikis Celebrate Momhood
- Russell Simmons’ All Def Movie Awards Set To Brings Laughs & Honor Oscars Snubs