Filmmaker Robert Zemeckis has signed with WME’s Ari Emanuel. The writer-director-producer had been without an agent since leaving CAA about a year ago after a 30-year affiliation. The filmmaker is readying an experiential 3D film To Walk the Clouds with Joseph Gordon-Levitt playing Phillipe Petit, the French aerialist who crossed between the Twin Towers on a wire in 1974. The project, based on Petit’s memoirs To Reach The Clouds is being produced by Zemeckis with his ImageMovers Jack Rapke, Steve Starkey and TriStar’s Tom Rothman. Zemeckis is known for pushing the envelope, trying new and different special effects techniques — whether it be the groundbreaking live-action/animated Who Framed Roger Rabbit or the memorable effects in Death Becomes Her or the animated experiment of The Polar Express. Zemeckis directed Forrest Gump, which won six Academy Awards in 1994 including Best Picture, Best Director and Best Actor for star Tom Hanks, who he later directed in Cast Away. Other well-known credits include the thriller What Lies Beneath, Romancing The Stone and the Back To The Future franchise. He is also repped by law firm Gang, Tyre, Ramer & Brown.
Robert Zemeckis Signs With WME
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest Film News
- Exit Hugh Jackman, Enter Josephine Baker: Cush Jumbo’s Changing Times
- ‘American Sniper’ Helmer Clint Eastwood Finds Jewell Project; Can Fox And Warner Bros Work It Out?
- Antonio Banderas In ‘The 33′ Trailer: “I Believe We’ll Make It Out Of Here!”
- HBO Scientology Documentary ‘Going Clear’ Clocks 1.65M Viewers In Premiere
- Electric Entertainment Taps Craig Gates; Tyler Ross Books ‘Officer Downe’
- Relativity Picks Up Eric Bress’ Spec ‘American Drifter’