There is rarely a TV director as closely associated with a series as Pam Fryman has been with CBS‘ How I Met Your Mother. She directed the pilot, contributing to the show’s unique hybrid format, stayed on as an executive producer and helmed a staggering 172 of the series’ 184 episodes, including the upcoming series finale. So it was no surprise that Fryman was tapped as director and executive producer of How I Met Your Mother‘s proposed spinoff, pilot How I Met Your Dad, which employs the same hybrid format as the mothership series. Fryman was on board for the casting process and was at the pilot’s table read, but I’ve learned that a family emergency has pulled her away. Rob Greenberg has stepped in as director on the pilot, which will proceed with taping as scheduled. Greenberg, repped by ICM Partners and Management 360, is a logical choice for the gig — after Fryman, he is the second most-seasoned HIMYM director having directed seven episodes. For Fryman, How I Met Your Dad was one of four pilots that booked her as a director this season.
Rob Greenberg To Replace Pam Fryman As Director Of CBS Pilot ‘How I Met Your Dad’
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Andreeva
- ABC Buys Medical Thriller From Janine Sherman Barrois & Aaron Kaplan
- Bob Cooper, EOne Prep Post-Apocalyptic Event Series With Book Acquisition
- Fox Buys Detective Drama Based On Australian Miniseries 'Jack Irish'
- 'The Greatest American Hero' Gets Fox Remake With Phil Lord & Chris Miller
- Jennifer Johnson Exiting 'The Following' As Showrunner, Trio Takes Over
- Enver Gjokaj & Chad Michael Murray Cast In ABC Series 'Marvel's Agent Carter'