Renny Harlin, who most recently helmed Summit’s The Legend Of Hercules starring Kellen Lutz, has boarded Fallen Cross, a Chicago-set actioner from Umedia that is set to go into production this winter. The pic, scripted by David Christopher O’Neill, centers on a reformed ex-Mafia enforcer Timothy Cole in his desperate struggle to protect his family from the crime syndicate he once served, the Chicago Cross. But first he must escape the confines of prison and return to his ruthless killer ways before the Cross can get to his children. Umedia’s Adrian Politowski and Karl Richards are producing. Harlin, repped by UTA, has been busy on the TV side, directing USA Network series like Burn Notice, White Collar, Covert Affairs and most recently Graceland. Producer-distributor Umedia’s development slate includes Universal War One, based on the Marvel comics, which Skip Woods is adapting; the Rob Cohen action pic Risk; and the romantic comedy Priceless helmed by Thomas Bezucha.
Renny Harlin To Direct Action Pic ‘Fallen Cross’
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Team
- Pete Hammond's Telluride Q&A With Makers Of 'The Imitation Game' [Video]
- UPDATE: Joan Rivers Remains In Serious Condition Following Thursday Cardiac Arrest
- UPDATE: Abrams Artists & 'Ghost Adventures' Producer End Commissions Dispute
- Wil Wheaton Blogs His Syfy Show Is Toast
- Miranda Mayo Joins 'Pretty Little Liars'; Samm Levine In 'Selfie'
- A+E Networks Outbids Time Warner For 10% Vice Media Stake