Germany’s ProSiebenSat.1 Group is bolstering its digital and production business with the acquisition of a 20% stake in Collective Digital Studio. The U.S.-based multichannel network produces, distributes, and markets video content via digital platforms. ProSieben, which made the acquisition through subsid Red Arrow Entertainment, says CDS gets about 1 billion video views per month on its 600 channels and has more than 100 million subscribers. Its properties include The Annoying Orange and Video Game High School. It also develops formats in the action, beauty & lifestyle, comedy, kids & family, and music genres. The acquisition follows a raft of U.S. investments by Red Arrow which recently bought Say Yes To The Dress maker Half Yard Prods, and also owns Kinetic Content, Fabrik Entertainment and Left/Right Prods. Via the CDS stake, ProSieben/Red Arrow will have access to the rapidly growing global online video market and a roster of international talent. Last year, ProSiebenSat.1 formed its own multichannel network in Germany, Studio71, where its current web production activities are bundled. Under the new deal, Studio71 will receive video content from CDS and marketing will be handled in-house by SevenOne Media. Red Arrow and CDS will also back online talent and develop new content verticals. Red Arrow will provide support for content distribution.
ProSieben/Red Arrow Acquire 20% Stake In ‘Video Game High School’ Producer CDS
What's Hot on Deadline
'Uncharted' Reconfigured: 'Spider-Man Homecoming's Tom Holland To Play Young Nathan Drake For Shawn Levy
'Criminal Minds': Kirsten Vangsness & A.J. Cook In Limbo Over Parity Push As Joe Mantegna & Matthew Gray Gubler Re-Up
Why 'Alien: Covenant' Lost Its Bite At The B.O. With $36.1M Opening, -34% From 'Prometheus' -- Box Office Final
Latest International News
- 19 Dead After Explosion At Ariana Grande Concert In UK; Suicide Bomber Suspected
- Bob Beckel Accuser Retains Lawyer Behind Fox News Discrimination Suits
- The Orchard Lands Cannes Competition Pic ‘BPM’; Samuel Goldwyn Inhales Tribeca’s ‘Holy Air’
- Barry Jenkins On ‘The Underground Railroad’ And The Power Of “No” – Deadline Disruptors
- Big Media CEO Compensation Rose 21% In 2016: Is It More Out Of Whack Than Ever?
- ‘Beauty And The Dogs’ Acquired By Oscilloscope – Cannes