Germany’s ProSiebenSat.1 Group is bolstering its digital and production business with the acquisition of a 20% stake in Collective Digital Studio. The U.S.-based multichannel network produces, distributes, and markets video content via digital platforms. ProSieben, which made the acquisition through subsid Red Arrow Entertainment, says CDS gets about 1 billion video views per month on its 600 channels and has more than 100 million subscribers. Its properties include The Annoying Orange and Video Game High School. It also develops formats in the action, beauty & lifestyle, comedy, kids & family, and music genres. The acquisition follows a raft of U.S. investments by Red Arrow which recently bought Say Yes To The Dress maker Half Yard Prods, and also owns Kinetic Content, Fabrik Entertainment and Left/Right Prods. Via the CDS stake, ProSieben/Red Arrow will have access to the rapidly growing global online video market and a roster of international talent. Last year, ProSiebenSat.1 formed its own multichannel network in Germany, Studio71, where its current web production activities are bundled. Under the new deal, Studio71 will receive video content from CDS and marketing will be handled in-house by SevenOne Media. Red Arrow and CDS will also back online talent and develop new content verticals. Red Arrow will provide support for content distribution.
ProSieben/Red Arrow Acquire 20% Stake In ‘Video Game High School’ Producer CDS
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
UPDATE: 'Cops' Bryce Dion Killed By Friendly Fire In Omaha While Filming Response To Wendy's Robbery
More From Tartaglione
- Global Showbiz Briefs Chinese Web Giant Youku Launches Heyi Film; eOne Acquires 'Seed' Producer Force Four; More
- Venice: Lido Digs Story Of Charlie Chaplin Graverobbers 'The Price Of Fame'
- World Film Community Joins Hands In Support Of Shuttered Beijing Festival
- Venice: 'Act Of Killing' Follow-Up 'The Look Of Silence' Makes Noise On The Lido (Video)
- Hot Trailer: Omar Sy As 'Samba' In 'Intouchables' Helmers' Latest
- Protagonist Makes Key Hires; Kickstarts U.S. Production/Acquisition Activities