Relativity’s sketch comedy pic Movie 43 tied with Sony’s Will Smith starrer After Earth tonight at the 34th Golden Raspberry Awards “honoring” the worst movies and performances of the year. Worst Picture winner Movie 43‘s trio of Razzies include Worst Director Honors for a whopping 13 directors including Peter Farrelly, Elizabeth Banks, Brett Ratner, and Bob Odenkirk, with the Razzie for Worst Screenplay split between the anthology’s 29 screenwriters. After Earth took home Worst Supporting Actor for Will Smith and Worst Lead Actor for son Jaden, who also teamed up to nab the Razzie for Worst Screen Combo. Votes were culled online from 800 voting members with additional Razzies going to Tyler Perry (Worst Actress, A Madea Christmas), Kim Kardashian (Worst Supporting Actress, Tyler Perry’s Temptation), and Disney’s big budget bomb The Lone Ranger (Worst Remake, Rip-Off, or Sequel). Meanwhile, six-time Razzie winner Adam Sandler was nominated this year in two categories for comedy sequel Grown Ups 2 while Sylvester Stallone was nominated for three pics from 2013, but both went home empty-handed.
Will Smith’s ‘After Earth,’ ‘Movie 43,’ Top 2014’s Razzie Awards For Worst Of The Year
What's Hot on Deadline
Ryan Eggold, Who Played Fan Favorite Tom Keen In 'The Blacklist,' Joins Spike Lee's 'Black Klansman'
Latest Awardsline News
- ‘The Divine Order’ Director Petra Volpe On The Crumbling Of The Swiss Patriarchy
- Pete Hammond’s Notes On The Season: WGA Nixes ‘Three Billboards’; Bleecker Puts Lumps Of Coal In Critics’ Stockings; ‘Get Out…
- ‘Get Out’s Jordan Peele Responds To Golden Globes Category
- ‘Let It Fall’ Director John Ridley: Racial Progress Reversing Under Trump
- Andy Serkis On Directing ‘Breathe’ And A New ‘Jungle Book’, His Tips From Peter Jackson & More – Behind…
- ‘The Greatest Showman’ Songwriters Benj Pasek & Justin Paul On The Revitalization Of The Original…