EXCLUSIVE: Rapper-actor Tip “T.I.” Harris has landed a role opposite Will Ferrell and Kevin Hart in Warner Bros’ Etan Cohen-directed comedy Get Hard. In the Gary Sanchez-produced pic, the self-professed King of the South will play Joaquin, Hart’s streetwise cousin who helps Hart prep Ferrell’s millionaire fraudster for prison. Harris has been racking up the acting credits lately. He’s currently doing a season-long guest stint on Showtime’s House Of Lies, starred in a season-long guest run on Starz’s Boss in 2012, and popped up in Universal’s Identity Thief last year. Grammy-nominated Harris made his acting debut with a starring turn in 2006’s ATL, which he followed with Ridley Scott’s American Gangster and Screen Gems’ crime thriller Takers. He’s repped by UTA, Brian Sher’s Category 5, and the Blueprint Group.
T.I. Joins Will Ferrell Comedy ‘Get Hard’
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Team
- 'Red Band Society' Bus Ads Pulled Over Offensive Language Referring To Octavia Spencer
- Hot Trailer: Christoph Waltz & Amy Adams In Tim Burton's 'Big Eyes'
- Fox Moves 'Assassin's Creed' Out of 2015; Sets 'Deadpool' For Feb. 2016
- Ruben Fleischer, David Bernad & Justin Spitzer Sell Workplace Comedy To NBC
- Tech Titan Larry Ellison Steps Down As Oracle CEO
- R.I.P. Publicist Bob Palmer