EXCLUSIVE: Rapper-actor Tip “T.I.” Harris has landed a role opposite Will Ferrell and Kevin Hart in Warner Bros’ Etan Cohen-directed comedy Get Hard. In the Gary Sanchez-produced pic, the self-professed King of the South will play Joaquin, Hart’s streetwise cousin who helps Hart prep Ferrell’s millionaire fraudster for prison. Harris has been racking up the acting credits lately. He’s currently doing a season-long guest stint on Showtime’s House Of Lies, starred in a season-long guest run on Starz’s Boss in 2012, and popped up in Universal’s Identity Thief last year. Grammy-nominated Harris made his acting debut with a starring turn in 2006’s ATL, which he followed with Ridley Scott’s American Gangster and Screen Gems’ crime thriller Takers. He’s repped by UTA, Brian Sher’s Category 5, and the Blueprint Group.
T.I. Joins Will Ferrell Comedy ‘Get Hard’
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest Film News
- Why Nobody Chased ‘Alice Through The Looking Glass’: Memorial Day Box Office Postmortem
- Universal Changes ‘Pitch Perfect 3’ Release Date Again; ‘Girl Trip’ Moves In
- Weinstein Company Blasts Open Road & ‘Little Prince’ Producers Over $35M ‘Playmobil…
- ‘Rogue One’: Re-Shoots But No Test Screening; Release Date Not Impacted
- Viacom Watchers Wonder: Who’d Step In If Sumner Redstone Cleans House?
- Cate Blanchett’s Broadway Debut With Chekhovian ‘The Present’ Sets House & Cast