EXCLUSIVE: Rapper-actor Tip “T.I.” Harris has landed a role opposite Will Ferrell and Kevin Hart in Warner Bros’ Etan Cohen-directed comedy Get Hard. In the Gary Sanchez-produced pic, the self-professed King of the South will play Joaquin, Hart’s streetwise cousin who helps Hart prep Ferrell’s millionaire fraudster for prison. Harris has been racking up the acting credits lately. He’s currently doing a season-long guest stint on Showtime’s House Of Lies, starred in a season-long guest run on Starz’s Boss in 2012, and popped up in Universal’s Identity Thief last year. Grammy-nominated Harris made his acting debut with a starring turn in 2006’s ATL, which he followed with Ridley Scott’s American Gangster and Screen Gems’ crime thriller Takers. He’s repped by UTA, Brian Sher’s Category 5, and the Blueprint Group.
T.I. Joins Will Ferrell Comedy ‘Get Hard’
What's Hot on Deadline
'Black Panther' Goes Wild: 2nd Best Sunday $60M+; 3-Day $201M+; 4-Day To Shred 'Jurassic World' & Possibly 'Last Jedi'
Winter Olympics: Adam Rippon Turns Down NBC Correspondent Position, Net Struggles With Broadcast Gaffes — Update
Olympic Curling Medalist From Russia Busted For Doping; Wardrobe Malfunction Leaves French Ice Dancer Exposed
Latest Film News
- Oscars Street Closures: When & Where To Expect Detours, Delays
- SAG-AFTRA Closes “Wigging” Probe, Says It “Remains Committed” To Ending Practice Of Men Doubling…
- Activist Organization Hosts Voter Registration Events At ‘Black Panther’ Screenings
- Blue Fox Hires Myriad Pictures’ Audrey Delaney As Marketing & Distribution SVP – Berlin
- José Padilha Lifts The Lid On ‘7 Days In Entebbe’ – Berlin
- ‘Black Panther’ Blasts Off With $169M Overseas; $371M WW Weekend – International Box Office