The Honeymooners actress Sheila MacRae has died. The 93-year-old UK-born MacRae passed away March 6 , at the Lillian Booth Actors Home in Englewood, NJ. She is best known to American audiences for her 4-year stint as Alice Kramden in the mid-’60s revival of The Honeymooners within The Jackie Gleason Show on CBS. In addition to her 1966-70 run as Ralph Kramden’s wife, MacRae was on The Ed Sullivan Show in 1964 with her then husband, singer Gordon MacRae, the night the Beatles debuted in America. The actress appeared on General Hospital in the 1960s and on NBC’s Parenthood TV series for the 1990-91 season. MacRae had a career on the stage as well in Guys and Dolls, Absurd Person Singular and other productions. One of her last acting appearance was in the one-women show An Evening With Sheila MacRae.
R.I.P. Sheila MacRae
What's Hot on Deadline
'The Middle' Series Finale: ABC's Fond Farewell To America's Beloved TV Family Is One "Heck Of A Ride"
'The Middle' Co-Creator On The "Bittersweet" Series Finale, Devoted Fans And Possible 10-Year Reboot
Latest TV News
- Donald Trump Elevates Conspiracy Theory To Government Plot On White House Lawn
- Ken Jeong Heads To Netflix For Comedy Special
- ‘The Baby-Sitters Club’ Revival Series In Works For TV
- Bruce Rosenblum Exits As Disney-ABC TV Group President Of Business Operations
- ‘Strange Angel’ Trailer: Rocket Science Meets The Occult In New CBS All Access Drama
- Make Up Artists & Hair Styling Guild Sets 2019 Awards Date & Timeline