The veteran publicist who worked with such luminaries as Bob Hope, Cary Grant and Michael Jackson has died. John Blanchette, who also guided Zsa Zsa Gabor’s career for more than three decades, was 68. He died March 4 at UCLA Medical Center in Santa Monica after a brief battle with leukemia, the Santa Monica Mirror reported. He was the owner and president of Blanchette & Associates Public Relations. He worked on promotions for projects including Best Picture Oscar winner Argo, Emmy winner Behind The Candelabra, Il Postino and L.A. Confidential and his list of clients also had included Debbie Reynolds, Ned Beatty, Delta Burke and Valerie Harper. Before starting his own company, the native of Sudbury, MA, worked in publicity at Fox TV, KCBS Los Angeles and New World Pictures. Since the late 1990s, also wrote syndicates features on travel, wine, and food and was co-producing a TV special on Napa Valley.
R.I.P. Publicist John Blanchette
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
Netflix Nabs Judd Apatow Comedy Series With 2-Season Order; Paul Rust & Gillian Jacobs To Star, Legendary TV To Produce
More From Team
- Ben Kingsley, Brie Larson Head For 'Brooklyn Bridge'; Revolver Takes 'Bhopal' Disaster Drama
- Fox Writers Intensive Accepting Nominations
- GSN Orders 'Baggage' Spinoff; Jerry Springer To Return As Host
- Mark Feuerstein Joins Showtime's 'Nurse Jackie'; Nick Clifford In VH1's 'Hindsight'
- Rosie's Return Snares Big Ratings For 'The View'
- NBC Finishes No. 1 In 18-49 Demo For 2013-14 Primetime Season