Bromance is out, romance in. With USA dramedy Psych wrapping its eight-season run this month, star James Roday has set his followup series project, signing on as the male lead of CBS’ single-camera comedy pilot Good Session. Written by John Hamburg and Matt Miller and directed by Hamburg, the project revolves around a happy couple, Joel (Roday) and Lindsay, who go to a therapist to help them decide if they should have a baby but quickly discover they have more to discuss. Roday’s Joel is a dedicated middle-school guidance counselor who thinks his marriage to Lindsay (TBD), a jet-setting executive, is a happy one — but when they disagree about whether the time is right to start a family, they begin the painful, funny, embarrassing and, ultimately, rewarding, road of couples counseling. For the past eight years on Psych, Roday played faux psychic detective Shawn Spencer who, with the help of sidekick Gus (Dule Hill), solved police cases. Roday was an early social media adopter and, along with Hill, helped make Psych one of the first TV series to engage its fans digitally and make it a multi-platform phenom. Roday, repped by CAA and Principal Entertainment, recently wrote and directed feature Gravy.
‘Psych’ Star James Roday To Topline CBS Comedy Pilot ‘Good Session’
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest TV News
- Dodgers Clinch World Series Berth; Can Yankees Complete Major TV Market Sweep?
- Fox Buys Native American Family Comedy From Lucas Brown Eyes & ‘It’s KatzSmith
- Sean Penn Calls Netflix’s ‘El Chapo’ Docu “Cheap” & “Reckless”; It’s Still…
- CBS Developing ‘Whistleblower’ Drama From Chris Silber & Jerry Bruckheimer TV
- ‘The Loud House' Creator Chris Savino Fired By Nickelodeon Following Sexual Harassment Allegations
- NBC Buys ‘Close To Heaven’ Church Comedy From Brad Copeland & Aaron Kaplan With Put Pilot Commitment