The hottest songwriter at the moment, Pharrell Williams (and his signature hat) will join NBC’s singing competition The Voice next season. He replaces original coach CeeLo Green who recently announced his departure. NBC is yet to announce whether fellow original Voice coaches Christina Aguilera, Blake Shelton and Adam Levine would be back for Season 7. “It’s been a huge year for Pharrell, with recognition for his contribution in the world of music — the ‘Despicable Me’ franchise soundtracks, his Oscar-nominated song Happy and his Grammy-winning collaboration with Daft Punk on the breakout dance hit Get Lucky,” said Paul Telegdy, President, Alternative and Late Night Programming for NBC Entertainment. “His dominance in record sales in 2014, coupled with his incomparable accomplishments in the world of fashion and design, make him an irresistible addition to The Voice family,” said Paul Telegdy. Singer-songwriter-producer Pharrell was previously an advisor to team Usher on season four of The Voice. He performed the hit single Blurred Lines with Robin Thicke last May on The Voice. Pharrell is the lead vocalist and drummer for the band N.E.R.D. and is a partner in the record production duo the Neptunes.
Pharrell Williams To Replace CeeLo Green As ‘The Voice’ Coach
What's Hot on Deadline
Roman Polanski On Netflix Impact On Moviegoing: "I Don't Think It's A Basic Threat For Cinema" - Cannes
'This Is Us' Casting Director Discusses Reason Why New York Talents Are Being Discovered Later In Their Careers
Latest TV News
- Donald Trump Son-In Law Jared Kushner Discussed Secret Communication Channel With Russia: Report
- Stephen Colbert Explains How Donald Trump Alpha-Dogged His Way Through NATO Summit
- ‘The Simpsons’: Donald Trump Gets A Thank-You From Richard Nixon’s Ghost
- Viacom’s Great Program Migration: Guide To Which Show Moved Where
- MSNBC President Phil Griffin Signs New Deal; Whither Goest Lawrence O’Donnell?
- ‘The 100’ Ups Tasya Teles To Regular; ‘Supergirl’s Floriana Lima To Return As Recurring