Paul Feig is producing Fox Animation and Blue Sky Studios’ attempt at the first big-screen CGI version of Charles Schulz’s iconic comic (UPDATE: Readers were correct to point out there have been other Peanuts features). From this first look that dropped today it’s clear this take won’t offer many of those hard-R moments like the ones found in some of Feig’s recent fare like Bridesmaids or The Heat. But he’s a big fan of the comic — saying Peanuts was “my Star Wars” and that Charlie Brown and Snoopy helped inform his cult TV hit Freaks And Geeks. Steve Martino is directing the pic from a script by Craig Schulz and Bryan Schulz & Cornelius Uliano. A November 6, 2015 release date has been set. Is this what you expected?
Hot Teaser: Fox’s ‘Peanuts’
What's Hot on Deadline
'The Martian' Poised To Kick 'Gravity' Out Of Orbit For The October Opening Record; 'The Walk' +81% On Saturday - Late Night B.O.
Latest Film News
- Gabrielle Carteris Re-Elected As EVP Of SAG-AFTRA, National VP/LA Is Clyde Kusatsu – Update
- Paramount Pulls In Alexander Payne’s ‘Downsizing’ With Matt Damon, Reese Witherspoon
- ‘The Martian’ Review: Matt Damon Proves There Is Life On Mars In This Sci-Fi Gem
- 20th Century Fox Names Sirena Liu As Head Of China Office
- Trudie Styler To Direct Bette Midler, Others In LGBT Film ‘Freak Show’
- Kodak Names Cinematographer-in-Residence at UCLA; Tribeca Shortlist, New SVOD Service Launched