Paul Feig is producing Fox Animation and Blue Sky Studios’ attempt at the first big-screen CGI version of Charles Schulz’s iconic comic (UPDATE: Readers were correct to point out there have been other Peanuts features). From this first look that dropped today it’s clear this take won’t offer many of those hard-R moments like the ones found in some of Feig’s recent fare like Bridesmaids or The Heat. But he’s a big fan of the comic — saying Peanuts was “my Star Wars” and that Charlie Brown and Snoopy helped inform his cult TV hit Freaks And Geeks. Steve Martino is directing the pic from a script by Craig Schulz and Bryan Schulz & Cornelius Uliano. A November 6, 2015 release date has been set. Is this what you expected?
Hot Teaser: Fox’s ‘Peanuts’
What's Hot on Deadline
'The Middle' Series Finale: ABC's Fond Farewell To America's Beloved TV Family Is One "Heck Of A Ride"
'The Middle' Co-Creator On The "Bittersweet" Series Finale, Devoted Fans And Possible 10-Year Reboot
Latest Film News
- Helen Hunt, Ana de Armas & John Leguizamo Join ‘The Night Clerk’ Thriller
- Warner Bros. & Producer Dan Lin’s Rebranded Company Rideback Renew First-Look Feature Deal
- ‘It: Chapter Two’ Cast Grows: Jay Ryan To Play Adult Ben Hanscom
- ‘Black Beauty’ Movie In Works With Ashley Avis Set To Write & Direct
- ‘Game Of Thrones’ Maestro George R.R. Martin Gets In Business With Warner Bros. Animation: Studio To Adapt Author’s ‘The…
- Dolby Laboratories To Receive American Cinematheque Exhibition Honor