Screen Gems‘ long-in-the-works redo of Gareth Evans’ The Raid: Redemption now has a director: it’s The Expendables 3 helmer Patrick Hughes, who had been rumored for the gig for a while. The script is from Out Of The Furnace writer Brad Ingelsby and original producer XYZ Films is also producing the new one. Evans, who has already done a sequel, The Raid 2: Berandal, that comes out this month via Sony Pictures Classics, is executive producing and the original fight choreographers are involved too. The 2011 Indonesian actioner is centered on an elite DEA team trapped in a tenement run by a notorious drug lord, his assassins and personal army armed with machetes and machine guns. It gets ugly as they fight their way out. The pic was a hit at Toronto and Sony sibling Screen Gems snapped up remake rights soon after. Hughes and Ingelsby are both repped by WME, with Hughes also repped by Brillstein Entertainment Partners and Gang, Tyre, Ramer & Brown.
‘Expendables 3’ Helmer Patrick Hughes Finalizes Deal To Direct ‘The Raid’ Remake
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest Film News
- Deadline’s The Contenders At Capacity; Long Waiting List For Award Season Kickoff Event
- VidAngel Files For Chapter 11 After Losing Legal Fight With Hollywood Studios
- ‘I Love You, Daddy’ Trailer: Louis C.K. Dark Comedy About Worried Dad Whose Teen Daughter Dates…
- ‘Where’s The Money’ Red Band Trailer: King Bach’s Gentrified Frat Comedy Gets Crazy And R-rated
- ‘Only The Brave’: The Incredible Story Of Heroism And The Serendipity That Propelled The Film About The Granite…
- Channing Tatum Pulls ‘Forgive Me’ Film Project From The Weinstein Co.