Screen Gems‘ long-in-the-works redo of Gareth Evans’ The Raid: Redemption now has a director: it’s The Expendables 3 helmer Patrick Hughes, who had been rumored for the gig for a while. The script is from Out Of The Furnace writer Brad Ingelsby and original producer XYZ Films is also producing the new one. Evans, who has already done a sequel, The Raid 2: Berandal, that comes out this month via Sony Pictures Classics, is executive producing and the original fight choreographers are involved too. The 2011 Indonesian actioner is centered on an elite DEA team trapped in a tenement run by a notorious drug lord, his assassins and personal army armed with machetes and machine guns. It gets ugly as they fight their way out. The pic was a hit at Toronto and Sony sibling Screen Gems snapped up remake rights soon after. Hughes and Ingelsby are both repped by WME, with Hughes also repped by Brillstein Entertainment Partners and Gang, Tyre, Ramer & Brown.
‘Expendables 3’ Helmer Patrick Hughes Finalizes Deal To Direct ‘The Raid’ Remake
What's Hot on Deadline
'Fifty Shades' Dominant With $277M WW; 'La La' Lands $200M+ Overseas; 'XXX' Tops In China - International Box Office
Latest Film News
- WGA Awards Live Blog & Winners List (Updating Live)
- ‘Fifty Shades’ Dominant With $277M WW; ‘La La’ Lands $200M+ Overseas; ‘XXX’ Tops In China – International…
- [PHOTOS] 2017 Oscar Nominees Part 2: Emma Stone, Matt Damon, Natalie Portman, Justin Timberlake & More
- 'I Am Not Your Negro' Tops $3.2M, 'Everybody Loves Somebody' Opens at $1M – Specialty Box Office
- Mark Duplass Urges Oscar Win For Barry Jenkins’ ‘Moonlight’
- Holdovers Reign Over Presidents’ Day Weekend, But Why Did The New Releases Tank?