Patricia Arquette, who won an Emmy for Medium, is set as the lead of another crime drama procedural, CBS’ planted CSI spinoff. Written by the CSI franchise team of Carol Mendelsohn, Anthony E. Zuiker and Ann Donahue, the untitled spinoff (aka CSI Cyber) centers on Avery Ryan (Arquette), Special Agent in Charge at the Cyber Crime Division of the FBI in Quantico, VA, who is tasked with solving high-octane crimes that start in the mind, live online, and play out into the real world. The project, inspired by Irish Cyberpsychologist Mary Aiken, would be the first CSI series with a female lead. Avery will be introduced in a CSI episode this spring. Mendelsohn, Zuiker and Donahue exec produce with Jerry Bruckheimer and Jonathan Littman for CBS TV Studios and Bruckheimer TV. Arquette, repped by Gersh, 3 Arts and Ziffren Brittenham, recently completed the feature The Wanna Be and HBO drama series Boardwalk Empire, both produced by Martin Scorsese. She will next be seen in Richard Linklater’s Boyhood.
Patricia Arquette To Topline ‘CSI’s Cyber Crime Spinoff
What's Hot on Deadline
Tony Goldwyn, Josh Lucas, Michael C Hall, Marton Csokas & Kate Walsh Surround Liam Neeson For Watergate Thriller 'Felt'
Latest TV News
- USA To Redevelop ‘Brooklyn Animal Control’ Pilot, Passes On ‘Poor Richard's Almanack’
- Kelly Macdonald To Star In ‘Black Mirror’ Episode On Netflix
- Ashton Kutcher Sitcom ‘The Ranch’ Renewed For Season 2 By Netflix
- Allison Janney Revives C.J. Cregg For White House Press Briefing
- Larry Wilmore On White House Correspondents’ Dinner: “I’m Going To Open With A Yo Mama So Fat Joke”
- John Krasinski To Star In ‘Jack Ryan’ Amazon TV Series From Carlton Cuse & Paramount TV