Patricia Arquette, who won an Emmy for Medium, is set as the lead of another crime drama procedural, CBS’ planted CSI spinoff. Written by the CSI franchise team of Carol Mendelsohn, Anthony E. Zuiker and Ann Donahue, the untitled spinoff (aka CSI Cyber) centers on Avery Ryan (Arquette), Special Agent in Charge at the Cyber Crime Division of the FBI in Quantico, VA, who is tasked with solving high-octane crimes that start in the mind, live online, and play out into the real world. The project, inspired by Irish Cyberpsychologist Mary Aiken, would be the first CSI series with a female lead. Avery will be introduced in a CSI episode this spring. Mendelsohn, Zuiker and Donahue exec produce with Jerry Bruckheimer and Jonathan Littman for CBS TV Studios and Bruckheimer TV. Arquette, repped by Gersh, 3 Arts and Ziffren Brittenham, recently completed the feature The Wanna Be and HBO drama series Boardwalk Empire, both produced by Martin Scorsese. She will next be seen in Richard Linklater’s Boyhood.
Patricia Arquette To Topline ‘CSI’s Cyber Crime Spinoff
What's Hot on Deadline
Robert Redford Sanguine About Donald Trump But "Depressed" About Partisan Politics At Sundance Opening Presser
'Split' Soars To Mid-$30M After Solid $2M Start; 'xXx,' $1.2M, 'Founder,' $105K In Previews As 'Hidden Figures' Stays Strong - Friday - UPDATE
Hollywood Reacts To Trump Inauguration: "Country Is Lost", Tweets Alec Baldwin; Scott Baio Proud To Be "Deplorable"
Obama Can't Stop Speechifying As President Trump Signs First Bill, Forcing TV Networks To Make Choices
Latest TV News
- Feds Want ‘Dance Moms’ Abby Lee Miller To Get 2.5 Years In Prison For Fraud Case
- Nicollette Sheridan’s ‘Desperate Housewives’ Case Gets Tossed – Again
- Kourtney Kang Coming-Of-Age Comedy Gets NBC Pilot Order, Casts Young Lead
- ‘Queen Of The South’: Yancey Arias Set To Recur In Season 2
- Obama Vs. Trump Inauguration Crowd Size: Photos Tell Story
- ‘Girl Meets World’ Finale: Creator On Topanga’s Choice, New Network Search & Season 4