Patricia Arquette, who won an Emmy for Medium, is set as the lead of another crime drama procedural, CBS’ planted CSI spinoff. Written by the CSI franchise team of Carol Mendelsohn, Anthony E. Zuiker and Ann Donahue, the untitled spinoff (aka CSI Cyber) centers on Avery Ryan (Arquette), Special Agent in Charge at the Cyber Crime Division of the FBI in Quantico, VA, who is tasked with solving high-octane crimes that start in the mind, live online, and play out into the real world. The project, inspired by Irish Cyberpsychologist Mary Aiken, would be the first CSI series with a female lead. Avery will be introduced in a CSI episode this spring. Mendelsohn, Zuiker and Donahue exec produce with Jerry Bruckheimer and Jonathan Littman for CBS TV Studios and Bruckheimer TV. Arquette, repped by Gersh, 3 Arts and Ziffren Brittenham, recently completed the feature The Wanna Be and HBO drama series Boardwalk Empire, both produced by Martin Scorsese. She will next be seen in Richard Linklater’s Boyhood.
Patricia Arquette To Topline ‘CSI’s Cyber Crime Spinoff
Trending Now on Deadline
Ryan Murphy & His 'Glee' Co-Creators Get Fox Series Order For Comedy-Horror Anthology 'Scream Queens'
Alamo Drafthouse's Tim League: Make A Place For Christopher Nolan, Quentin Tarantino, And Film Stock In Digital Future
FINAL: 'Fury' Wins Box Office War With $23.7M; 'Book Of Life' At $17M; 'Gone Girl' $100M+; 'Best Of Me' $10M - B.O. Final
More From Andreeva
- Resolution Agent Jennifer Good Goes To Paradigm
- Leslie Jones Named 'Saturday Night Live' Cast Member
- Rainn Wilson To Produce Comedy Starring Vine Favorites, Including Curtis Lepore & Jerry Purpdrank
- Wanda Sykes Signs With UTA
- Literary Manager Stephen Marks Exits Evolution For Rain Management Group
- 'Chrisley Knows Best' Picked Up For Season 3, Holiday Special By USA