Lionsgate’s Rob Friedman is losing an executive assistant but Pantelion Films is gaining a new Director of Production and Development. Auri Maruri has joined the Latino audience oriented company, Pantelion announced today. Charged with developing high concept comedies and family films, Maruri will report to Ben Odell, President of Production. The new exec will also work closely with CEO Paul Presburger on new co-production opportunities with Lionsgate. Previously Maruri was the executive assistant to Lionsgate co-chairman Friedman for 3 years. Pantelion was formed in 2010 with joint financial backing from Grupo Televisa and Lionsgate. Debuting last Fall, Pantelion’s Instructions Not Included has proved the highest grossing Spanish language film ever released in the U.S.
Pantelion Adds Auri Mauri As Production & Development Director
Trending Now on Deadline
NBC Cameraman Declared Ebola-Free; Tries To Rescue Nancy Snyderman From Self-Inflicted Career Disaster -- UPDATE
More From Team
- Karen Pittman Joins 'The Americans'; Gloria Reuben In 'Mr. Robot'
- 'Below Deck' Renewed For Third Season By Bravo
- 'Shark Tank' Spinoff 'Beyond The Tank' Ordered At ABC
- 'Cold Justice' Spinoff Greenlit By TNT
- Hollywood Film Awards Sets 18 Categories
- Ken Burns' 'The Roosevelts' Bags Bully Ratings For PBS