Lionsgate’s Rob Friedman is losing an executive assistant but Pantelion Films is gaining a new Director of Production and Development. Auri Maruri has joined the Latino audience oriented company, Pantelion announced today. Charged with developing high concept comedies and family films, Maruri will report to Ben Odell, President of Production. The new exec will also work closely with CEO Paul Presburger on new co-production opportunities with Lionsgate. Previously Maruri was the executive assistant to Lionsgate co-chairman Friedman for 3 years. Pantelion was formed in 2010 with joint financial backing from Grupo Televisa and Lionsgate. Debuting last Fall, Pantelion’s Instructions Not Included has proved the highest grossing Spanish language film ever released in the U.S.
Pantelion Adds Auri Mauri As Production & Development Director
What's Hot on Deadline
Hollywood Cowardice: George Clooney Explains Why Sony Stood Alone In North Korean Cyberterror Attack
More From Team
- Candy Crowley Saluted By Colleagues, Competition, Late-Night Hosts And Robot - Video
- 'Kim Jong-un' Targets Christmas Shoppers On SNL's 'Weekend Update'
- Republicans To Exhibitors: Play 'The Interview'
- 'Orange Is The New Black' Inmates Croon A Zany 'Twelve Days Of Christmas' – Watch
- North Korea Wants To Work With U.S. To Find Hacker; Obama Admin Asks China For Help – UPDATE