The Season 2 finale of Tyler Perry’s drama shattered its own viewership records and that of OWN last night, with 3.6 million tuning in. That’s a 38% rise for for The Haves And The Have Nots from the 2.6 million who tuned in for the Season 1 finale on September 3.Last night’s Haves and Have Nots also ranks as the most-watched show in OWN’s three-year history and, with a 2.75 rating among W25-54, the second best any show on OWN has done after the Oprah’s Next Chapter interview with Whitney Houston’s daughter Bobbi Kristina Brown. Last night’s demo rating was up 24% over the Season 1 finale. The second season of the drama debuted on January 7 with a viewership of 2.8 million, a total audience record for Haves and Have Nots at the time. The show has topped that several times this season since.
OWN’s ‘The Haves & Have Nots’ Finale Hits Network & Series Highs
What's Hot on Deadline
Hollywood Cowardice: George Clooney Explains Why Sony Stood Alone In North Korean Cyberterror Attack
More From Patten
- Sony Hack: 'Interview' Social Media Pulled; Billboards Coming Down In LA
- 'Amazing Race' Ratings Fall In Finale, 'Caught On Camera' Debuts OK As NBC Wins Night
- Did Sony Or Exhibitors Kill 'The Interview?'
- North Korean Link To Sony Hack Shifts Legal Landscape For Studio
- North Korea “Responsible” For Sony Hack, FBI Confirms
- WME Owned IMG Hit With Latest Intern Class Action Lawsuit