Oscilloscope Laboratories has acquired documentary Art and Craft ahead of its Tribeca Film Festival debut next month. The company is planning a theatrical release later this year. The docu profiles Mark Landis, a still-active art forger who donates his counterfeit works to museums, as he’s tracked down by a registrar he’s duped and revealed to suffer from schizophrenia. The film is from directors Sam Cullman, who was Oscar-nominated as co-director of 2011’s If A Tree Falls: A Story of the Earth Liberation Front, and Jennifer Grausman, who helmed the Emmy-nommed 2008 docu Pressure Cooker.“We’ve been discussing Art and Craft for some time and as excited as we were to see it, nothing could have prepared us for how blown away we’d be, said Oscilloscope’s Dan Berger and David Laub today. “Sam and Jennifer, along with co-director Mark Becker, capture these amazing characters with the perfect mixture of humor and heart, resulting in one of the most entertaining and moving documentaries we’ve seen in years. We’re honored that they have chosen to work with us on it.” Co-directer Becker also edited the film which is produced by Cullman and Grausman. Attorney Marc H. Simon of Cowan DeBaets, Abrahams & Sheppard negotiated for the filmmakers in the deal.
Oscilloscope Acquires Tribeca 2014 Forger Docu ‘Art And Craft’
What's Hot on Deadline
Uma Thurman To Harvey Weinstein: "I'm Glad It's Going Slowly, You Don't Deserve A Bullet... Stay Tuned"
Latest Film News
- Uma Thurman To Harvey Weinstein: “I’m Glad It’s Going Slowly, You Don’t Deserve A Bullet… Stay Tuned”…
- Feng Xiaogang’s ‘Youth’ Reinstated: China & U.S. Release Date Set After Sept Delay
- ‘Suburbicon’ Production Designer On Cobbling Together Idyllic ’50s Suburb Out Of Disparate SoCal Locations
- ‘Coco’ Earns A+ CinemaScore & Dances To $70M+; ‘Justice League’ Solid With $63M+…
- Jane Campion: It’s A “Fairy Tale” Time For Women In The Entertainment Business
- Allison Williams Says ‘Peter Pan’ Performance Scored Her ‘Get Out’ Role