Joel Potrykus‘ comedy Buzzard is set to world premiere this Saturday at SXSW. Today Oscilloscope Laboratories announced it acquired North American rights to the pic which follows a small-time scam artist named Marty who makes ends meet by drifting from one small con to the next. Buzzard was produced by Michael Saunders, Ashley Young, Kevin Clancy, and Tim Saunders and represented by BGP Films’ Bill Straus. After its premiere at SXSW, it will screen at New Directors/New Films Festival at NYC’s Lincoln Center. O-Scope plans further festival play followed by a theatrical release later this year.
SXSW: Oscilloscope Acquires Joel Potrykus’ Comedy ‘Buzzard’
What's Hot on Deadline
No Obama Bounce For DNC Day 3 Ratings As They Fall Behind RNC, 'Wayward Pines' Finale Down From 2015
Venice Film Festival: Lido To Launch Pics From Ford, Gibson, Malick & More As Awards Season Starts To Buzz - Full List
Bill O'Reilly Defends Comments That Slaves Who Built The White House Were "Well-Fed And Had Decent Lodging" - Update
Cristina Ferrare Out, Replaced By Debbie Matenopoulos As Co-Host Of Hallmark Channel's 'Home & Family'
Latest Film News
- DGA Sets 2017 Awards Schedule
- ‘The Accountant’ Trailer #2: Ben Affleck & The World’s Scariest Pocket Protector
- Nick Jonas In Talks To Join ‘Jumanji’ Movie
- ‘The Great Wall’ Trailer: China Needs Matt Damon On That Wall
- ‘Beauty And The Beast’ Live-Action French Version Gets U.S. Release
- ‘Flamingo Kid’ Broadway Musical Eyes 2018 Opening