Unlike other limited-run series this season like CBS’ Hostages and ABC’s Betrayal, which quietly finished their freshman runs with no hope of coming back, ABC is actually officially announcing that next week’s season finale of Once Upon A Time In Wonderland will be its series finale. The network’s most trusted utility player, Shark Tank, which was summoned in for repeat airings when The Assets and Lucky 7 were axed earlier this season, will air a special episode on April 10, after which repeats of Grey’s Anatomy will take over the Thursday 8 PM slot after that. Originally envisioned as a bridge between the fall and spring runs of mothership Once Upon A Time, Wonderland was instead fast-tracked for fall. That put additional pressure on the franchise creators to mount two complex, special effects-heavy productions simultaneously with little lead time — and possibly over-saturating the schedule with both series airing at the same time. (ABC brass have since admitted that that scheduling strategy was probably a mistake.) Wonderland opened with a disappointing 1.7 in adults 18-49 and quickly slipped below the 1.0 demo rating, most recently logging a 0.9 last night. It was originally eyed for an expanded limited run of as many as 17 episodes but, following its slow start, it ended up producing 13 episodes, all of which will have aired.
‘Once Upon A Time In Wonderland’ Officially Cancelled, Series Finale Airs Next Week
What's Hot on Deadline
Cloris Leachman On Gene Wilder & The 'Young Frankenstein' Scene That Cracked Him Up: "We Had To Do It 14 Times"
Bruce Lee-Inspired Crime Drama ‘Warrior’ From Justin Lin & 'Banshee' Co-Creator Gets Cinemax Pilot Order
Latest TV News
- NBC Buys Cop Family Drama From Nkechi Carroll & Matt Reeves As Put Pilot
- ‘Underground’ Exec Producer Mike Jackson On Challenging “Homogenous” Hollywood & Having John Legend As…
- Fox Nabs ‘Ghosted’ Comedy Starring Craig Robinson & Adam Scott From Tom Gormican With Production Commitment
- Viceland Enters Late Night With ‘Desus & Mero’, Orders Tyler the Creator Series, Renews ‘Huang’s World…
- ‘Ice’: Audrey Marie Anderson Joins Antoine Fuqua’s Audience Drama Series
- Issa Rae Inks First-Look Deal With HBO