César winning French actor Omar Sy, who’s bulked up his Hollywood resumé since his star turn in French mega-hit The Intouchables, has added another high-profile title to the list. Sy is joining the cast of Universal franchise reboot Jurassic World. He tweeted this morning, both in French and in English, that he was a “fan of this saga from the beginning” and is “very proud to be part of the cast for Jurassic World.” The 3D pic is helmed by Colin Trevorrow, who also tweeted (in French) that he was “very happy to welcome” the actor. Sy’s French agent confirmed the casting, although details of his role have yet to be divulged. Jurassic World stars Chris Pratt, Bryce Dallas Howard, Vincent D’Onofrio, Jake Johnson and Irrfan Khan. Trevorrow wrote the screenplay with Derek Connolly. Steven Spielberg, Frank Marshall and Pat Crowley are producing. It’s set for release on June 12, 2015. Sy is next up in X Men: Days Of Future Past and is lined up for Stephen Gaghan’s Candy Store. He’ll be seen in the fall in Intouchables directors Eric Toledano and Olivier Nakache’s French-language Samba which Gaumont releases locally on October 22. Sy is repped by Agence Adequat in France and by CAA.
‘The Intouchables’ Star Omar Sy Enters ‘Jurassic World’
What's Hot on Deadline
'Dory' Still The Big Fish With $62M+, 'ID4' Sequel In High $40Ms, 'Shallows' Rides A Wave Toward $13M - Midday B.O.
Cristina Ferrare Out, Replaced By Debbie Matenopoulos As Co-Host Of Hallmark Channel's 'Home & Family'
Latest Film News
- Brexit: What Hollywood And Europe's Power Players Fear After Shocking Vote
- 'Wiener-Dog' Bows Along With 'Wilderpeople,' 'Swiss Army Man' & Frank Zappa: Specialty Preview
- ‘Masters Of Sex’s Michael Sheen To Star In ‘Green River Killer’ & Make Directing Debut
- Hannah John-Kamen Lands Role In Steven Spielberg’s ‘Ready Player One’
- Michael Herr Dies: ‘Dispatches’ Author & ‘Full Metal Jacket’ Co-Writer Was 76
- Sony Pictures Marketing Exec Dwight Caines Exit Clarified; Christine Birch, Andre Caraco To Fill Role