César winning French actor Omar Sy, who’s bulked up his Hollywood resumé since his star turn in French mega-hit The Intouchables, has added another high-profile title to the list. Sy is joining the cast of Universal franchise reboot Jurassic World. He tweeted this morning, both in French and in English, that he was a “fan of this saga from the beginning” and is “very proud to be part of the cast for Jurassic World.” The 3D pic is helmed by Colin Trevorrow, who also tweeted (in French) that he was “very happy to welcome” the actor. Sy’s French agent confirmed the casting, although details of his role have yet to be divulged. Jurassic World stars Chris Pratt, Bryce Dallas Howard, Vincent D’Onofrio, Jake Johnson and Irrfan Khan. Trevorrow wrote the screenplay with Derek Connolly. Steven Spielberg, Frank Marshall and Pat Crowley are producing. It’s set for release on June 12, 2015. Sy is next up in X Men: Days Of Future Past and is lined up for Stephen Gaghan’s Candy Store. He’ll be seen in the fall in Intouchables directors Eric Toledano and Olivier Nakache’s French-language Samba which Gaumont releases locally on October 22. Sy is repped by Agence Adequat in France and by CAA.
‘The Intouchables’ Star Omar Sy Enters ‘Jurassic World’
What's Hot on Deadline
Is Melissa McCarthy The Best R-Rated Comedienne Ever? She Makes Her Case In Red Band 'The Boss' Trailer
'The Brothers Grimsby': Trailer Or Titillating Clip "Shown" On 'Jimmy Kimmel Live' – Which Works Better?
Latest Film News
- ‘Kill Me, Deadly’ Trailer: ‘Criminal Minds’ Crew’s Noir Comedy Gets April 1 Release Date
- Film Movement Bringing France’s ‘My King’ To U.S.
- Universal Wins ‘The Grownup’; ‘Gone Girl’ Author Gillian Flynn Short Story Sells In…
- Pete Hammond’s Notes On The Season: Oscar Voting Begins As Contenders Make Final Pitch
- BAFTA Awards: London Teed Up For Royal Party Weekend
- ‘Zoolander 2’ Review: Ben Stiller’s Misguided Sequel Is A Fashion Disaster