On the heels of getting her first pilot order, drama writer-producer Nikki Toscano also has landed her first overall deal. Toscano has signed a two-year overall pact with Universal TV, the studio behind her pilot as well as the series she has been working on, A&E’s Bates Motel. Toscano’s drama pilot at CBS, which she is executive producing with Bates Motel co-showrunner Kerry Ehrin, centers on a retired CIA operative who, when a terrorist event rocks Washington D.C., is pulled back into action, forced to investigate closer to home where the next generation of terrorists are being bred. “We have greatly valued the work of Nikki on Universal Television’s Bates Motel this season and it’s been a terrific experience developing a new drama pilot with her for CBS,” Uni TV EVP Bela Bajaria said. “We’re eager to work for many years to come with this talented writer-producer.” Toscano, repped by UTA, manager Carel Cutler and attorney Patti Felker, previously worked as a producer on the first two seasons of ABC’s Revenge.
Nikki Toscano Signs Overall Deal With Universal TV
What's Hot on Deadline
'Pacific Rim: Uprising' Doesn't Create Waves At $26M+; 'Black Panther' Sets Marvel Record & Beats 'Avengers'
Latest TV News
- ‘Queen Sugar’ Showrunner: Season 3 Will Focus On “The Journey Of Fatherhood”, Ava DuVernay Talks Inclusion…
- Kathy Griffin Plans To Attend White House Correspondents Dinner
- Nickelodeon Kids’ Choice Awards 2018 Winners – The Complete List
- ‘Agents Of S.H.I.E.L.D.’ Showrunners Talk How ‘Infinity War’ Might Affect The ABC Marvel Series…
- John Cena, Millie Bobby Brown Salute ‘March For Our Lives’ At Kids’ Choice Awards
- FX Pulls the Plug On Marvel's Deadpool Animated TV Series From Donald Glover