After an exhaustive search, Canadian actress/writer Stacey McGunnigle has been cast in the title role of NBC’s pilot Ellen More Or Less, written/exec produced by JJ Philbin, directed by Peyton Reed and exec produced by Jason Katims and Michelle Lee. The single-camera comedy, from Universal TV and Katims’ True Jack Prods., centers on Ellen (McGunnigle), an average-size woman who, after losing 100 pounds, begins reinventing herself in life and love. This marks the US TV debut of McGunnigle, making her one of the discoveries of this pilot season. She landed the role after wowing NBC brass with her screen test, possibly aided by the fact that Ellen mirrors her real-life story of a “former fat girl.” McGunnigle, who has only a couple of screen credits in her native Canada, is a member of Toronto’s famous Second City comedy troupe and is probably best known for her online video series Stacey Helps and her contributor posts on the female-centric site HelloGiggles. She is with ICM Partners and Principato-Young.
Newcomer Stacey McGunnigle Lands Lead In NBC Comedy Pilot ‘Ellen More Or Less’
What's Hot on Deadline
TLC "Deeply Saddened" As It Pulls All Episodes of '19 Kids And Counting' In Wake Of Child Molestation Allegations - Update
'Jurassic World' Tracking Like 'Man Of Steel' - But How Many $100M+ Openings After That In Summer 2015?
Latest TV News
- ‘X-Factor’ Producers Hit With $2M Lawsuit By Contestant; Says Performance Was “Altered”
- Showrunner Jennie Snyder Urman On Almost Passing On ‘Jane The Virgin’, Pace, Title Change & How Will It End
- ‘Fuller’ Brush-Off: Olsens Won’t Head Home For ‘Full House’ Sequel
- Melissa McCarthy Staying At CAA
- UP Orders ‘Last Hope With Troy Dunn’ To Series
- Swoosie Kurtz On ‘Mike & Molly,’ Mom And Her First Tony Award Nomination