Fox‘s hip-hop industry drama Empire continues to add boldface names. Top music producer/songwriter Timothy “Timbaland” Mosley is the latest to board the pilot starring Terrence Howard and Taraji P. Henson, which hails from Lee Daniels, Danny Strong and Imagine’s Brian Grazer. Timbaland will serve as songwriter and song producer on Empire, a family drama set in the world of a hip-hop empire, which will feature a mix of new and existing music. Timbaland’s involvement resembles Nashville‘s signing of T Bone Burnett for the pilot and the first season. Empire centers on Lucious Lyon (Howard), a charismatic, savvy music superstar who is about to take his company, Empire Entertainment, public. Raised on the streets, he has never backed away from a fight and will resort to any measures, fair or foul, to defend his beloved Empire. Timbaland has collaborated with such artists as Madonna, Beyonce, Jay Z, Elton John, Justin Timberlake, and Keith Urban. In 2013, he produced and co-wrote multiple tracks on four top selling albums, Jay Z’s Magna Carta Holy Grail, Justin Timberlake’s The 20/20 Experience Part I and II, and Beyonce.
Music Producer Timbaland Joins Fox Drama Pilot ‘Empire’
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest TV News
- #8216;Cristela’ Creator & Star Cristela Alonzo Pens ‘Possible Goodbye’ Letter To Fans, Addresses Show’s Potential End…
- ‘The Brink’ Trailer: HBO’s New Geopolitical Comedy
- ESPN Says Verizon FiOS Contracts Don’t Permit Separate Sports Packages – Update
- Michael Roark Joins ‘Finding Carter'; Alexandra Metz To Recur On ‘Chicago Fire’
- Sterling K. Brown To Play Christopher Darden In 'The People V. O.J. Simpson'
- ‘Late Show’ Warmup At Tribeca? Colbert Tells Lucas “I’m Not The Guy To Take Over For Jon Stewart”