EXCLUSIVE: Mike Epps is adding a seasoned presence to Starz’s scripted comedy series Survivor’s Remorse, joining a cast of mostly 20-something up-and-comers as a regular. Additionally, Epps has booked a recurring role on the second season of the BET drama Being Mary Jane. Survivor’s Remorse, executive produced by NBA star LeBron James and Mike O’Malley, is set in the world of professional basketball. It follows Cam Calloway (Jessie T. Usher), a basketball phenom in his early 20s who is thrust into the limelight after signing a multimillion-dollar contract with a pro team. Cam, along with his cousin and confidant Reggie Vaughn (RonReaco Lee), move to Georgia to start Cam’s journey to success. Epps plays Cam’s uncle Julius, who moves from the Dorchester projects to an Atlanta mansion with his family after Cam gets a big pro contract. Although Uncle Julius loves the perks of success, he still tries to keep the family on point with his guidance and wisdom. On Being Mary Jane, Epps will play Chris Warren, husband and a father who is in a great marriage, something Mary Jane (Gabrielle Union) covets. Epps, who is filming the feature Term Life with Vince Vaughn, is repped by CAA, Industry Entertainment and attorney Todd Rubenstein.
Mike Epps To Co-Star In Starz Series ‘Survivor’s Remorse’, Recur On BET’s ‘Being Mary Jane’
What's Hot on Deadline
'Beauty And The Beast' Nears $700M WW; 'Kong' Has Mighty $72M China Bow, Tops $250M Offshore - International Box Office
Sean Spicer Insists Donald Trump Plugged Judge Jeanine's Show Only Because He Is Fan, "Plain And Simple"
Latest TV News
- Harry Connick Jr. Talk Show Renewed For Season 2
- ‘Fargo’ Season 3 Extended Trailer: “The Gloves Are Off Now” – You Betcha
- Pilot Season 2017: Network Ownership & In-Season Stacking Rights Cast Shadow
- ‘Big Little Lies’ Notches Another Series High As It Nears April 2 Finale
- Miles Teller To Star In Nicolas Winding Refn’s Amazon Series ‘Too Old To Die Young’
- WGA Members Still Paying For Last Strike