EXCLUSIVE: Mike Epps is adding a seasoned presence to Starz’s scripted comedy series Survivor’s Remorse, joining a cast of mostly 20-something up-and-comers as a regular. Additionally, Epps has booked a recurring role on the second season of the BET drama Being Mary Jane. Survivor’s Remorse, executive produced by NBA star LeBron James and Mike O’Malley, is set in the world of professional basketball. It follows Cam Calloway (Jessie T. Usher), a basketball phenom in his early 20s who is thrust into the limelight after signing a multimillion-dollar contract with a pro team. Cam, along with his cousin and confidant Reggie Vaughn (RonReaco Lee), move to Georgia to start Cam’s journey to success. Epps plays Cam’s uncle Julius, who moves from the Dorchester projects to an Atlanta mansion with his family after Cam gets a big pro contract. Although Uncle Julius loves the perks of success, he still tries to keep the family on point with his guidance and wisdom. On Being Mary Jane, Epps will play Chris Warren, husband and a father who is in a great marriage, something Mary Jane (Gabrielle Union) covets. Epps, who is filming the feature Term Life with Vince Vaughn, is repped by CAA, Industry Entertainment and attorney Todd Rubenstein.
Mike Epps To Co-Star In Starz Series ‘Survivor’s Remorse’, Recur On BET’s ‘Being Mary Jane’
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Andreeva
- Katy Perry Officially Announced As Super Bowl Halftime Show Headliner – Video
- Lenora Crichlow & Spencer Grammer Join 'Mr. Robinson' On NBC
- 'Saturday Night Live' Ratings On Par In Households, Slip In Demo With Host Cameron Diaz
- SVP Alternative Among Several Eliminated Positions At CW As Part Of TW Layoffs
- Nora Arnezeder To Co-Star In 'Zoo'; Christian Campbell Joins 'True Detective'