Film Movement said it Michael Rosenberg has taken an equity stake in the NY-based indie distributor and has been named co-president alongside Adley Gartenstein. Rosenberg lands here after departing Entertainment One U.S. in September after a combined 26 years at eOne and predecessor Koch Entertainment. He takes up his new post immediately and joins Gartenstein, who has been president since 2007. Launched in 2003, Film Movement specializes in indie and foreign fare which it distributes on all platforms, and recently launched a genre label Ram Releasing that kicks off its slate this year. “I have been very impressed by Film Movement’s innovative model of film distribution,” Rosenberg said today in a release announcing his hire. “Adley and his team have done a tremendous job of building a smart, modern film company with a high-quality catalog and a great diversity of distribution channels.
Former EOne President Michael Rosenberg To Co-Run Film Movement
What's Hot on Deadline
Emma Stone On 'La La Land' & 'Moonlight' Best Picture Snafu: "I Was Holding The Best Actress Card The Entire Time"
Latest Film News
- Oscars: Best Picture Envelope Disaster Isn’t Enough To Take Away Triumph Of Best Academy Awards Show In Many…
- Iran & France Praise Asghar Farhadi’s Foreign Language Oscar Win (& Boycott)
- Rose Garnett Named BBC Films Chief
- Another Oscars Gaffe: Image Of Living Australian Producer Mistakenly Used During In Memoriam Segment
- Viola Davis & Mahershala Ali’s Oscar Wins Prove Successful Film & TV Careers Can Co-Exist
- Oscar’s Best Picture Screwup: The Real Story, As Pricewaterhouse Takes Blame