EXCLUSIVE: Mel Gibson is in talks to next star in Blood Father, a Taken-style action thriller that will be directed by Jean-Francois Richet, best known for helming Mesrine. The film will begin production in May in New Mexico. Scripted by The Town‘s Peter Craig, it’s about an ex-con who reunites with his estranged wayward 16-year old daughter to protect her from drug dealers who are trying to kill her. It’s being fast tracked by Why Not Productions and Chris Briggs. The film is still coming together, and there is no U.S. distribution yet.
Mel Gibson In Talks To Team With ‘Mesrine’ Helmer In Thriller ‘Blood Father’
What's Hot on Deadline
Hollywood Cowardice: George Clooney Explains Why Sony Stood Alone In North Korean Cyberterror Attack
More From Fleming Jr
- 'Homeland' Finale: 'Long Time Coming'
- Bart & Fleming: On…What Else? Sony Hack Attack
- Attention, Hacked And Beleaguered Sony Staffers: Self-Protection Tips
- Hollywood Needs Cyber Czar: Guest Column
- 'Saturday Night Live' At Halfway Mark: Reconsidering A Hot Mess
- Ben Affleck, Others Stumping For Bradley Cooper's 'American Sniper' Performance