Fox ordered a second season of Gordon Ramsay‘s cooking competition series MasterChef Junior only in December, but today said that it has added a third installment of eight episodes. Production on both Season 2 and Season 3 will start in the spring. Host/executive Ramsay will again be joined by restaurateur and winemaker Joe Bastianich and chef Graham Elliot on the judging panel. MasterChef Junior, which features aspiring chefs between ages 8-13 competing in food challenges, had a solid first season this fall, averaging 5.1 million total viewers and ranking No. 1 in its Friday 8 PM time period among adults 18-49, adults 18-34 and teens. It improved Fox’s performance in the hour versus last year by +58% in adults 18-49. Shine America and Ramsay’s One Potato Two Potato are producers of the series, based on a format created by Franc Roddam and Shine. Elisabeth Murdoch, Eden Gaha, Paul Franklin, Robin Ashbrook, Ramsay, Adeline Ramage Rooney, Patricia Llewellyn and Ben Adler serve as executive producers.
Fox Orders Season 3 Of ‘MasterChef Junior’
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest TV News
- Britney Spears TV Movie In Works At Lifetime; Natasha Bassett To Star
- Jon Favreau To Direct Seth MacFarlane’s Space Comedic Drama Series For Fox
- Double Emmy Nominee Derek McLane on ‘Hairspray Live’, Lady Gaga And ‘The Wiz!’
- Viceland Taps Ex-NBC Late-Night PR Exec Marc Liepis As Head of Communications
- ‘Nashville’: Connie Britton No Longer Regular; Will She Leave Country Drama?
- ‘Battlefield’-Inspired Live-Action Digital Series To Premiere On Go90