Fox ordered a second season of Gordon Ramsay‘s cooking competition series MasterChef Junior only in December, but today said that it has added a third installment of eight episodes. Production on both Season 2 and Season 3 will start in the spring. Host/executive Ramsay will again be joined by restaurateur and winemaker Joe Bastianich and chef Graham Elliot on the judging panel. MasterChef Junior, which features aspiring chefs between ages 8-13 competing in food challenges, had a solid first season this fall, averaging 5.1 million total viewers and ranking No. 1 in its Friday 8 PM time period among adults 18-49, adults 18-34 and teens. It improved Fox’s performance in the hour versus last year by +58% in adults 18-49. Shine America and Ramsay’s One Potato Two Potato are producers of the series, based on a format created by Franc Roddam and Shine. Elisabeth Murdoch, Eden Gaha, Paul Franklin, Robin Ashbrook, Ramsay, Adeline Ramage Rooney, Patricia Llewellyn and Ben Adler serve as executive producers.
Fox Orders Season 3 Of ‘MasterChef Junior’
Trending Now on Deadline
'Black-ish', 'Grey's Anatomy', 'Castle', 'The Goldbergs', 'Modern Family', 'Once Upon A Time' & Others Get Extra Episodes At ABC
More From Team
- 'Madam Secretary' Coming To U.K. On Sky Living; NBCUniversal International Television Production Pacts With TV3 Group Ireland…
- 'High Profits': New CNN Series Profiles Colorado Pot Business Owners
- Mary McCormack & Alicia Witt Join 'House Of Lies'; Lindsey Gort In 'Self Promotion'
- 'Good Morning America' Ratings Lead Morning Infotainment Race
- Zachary Booth, Bill Irwin, Six More Round Out 'South Of Hell' Cast On WE TV