Fox ordered a second season of Gordon Ramsay‘s cooking competition series MasterChef Junior only in December, but today said that it has added a third installment of eight episodes. Production on both Season 2 and Season 3 will start in the spring. Host/executive Ramsay will again be joined by restaurateur and winemaker Joe Bastianich and chef Graham Elliot on the judging panel. MasterChef Junior, which features aspiring chefs between ages 8-13 competing in food challenges, had a solid first season this fall, averaging 5.1 million total viewers and ranking No. 1 in its Friday 8 PM time period among adults 18-49, adults 18-34 and teens. It improved Fox’s performance in the hour versus last year by +58% in adults 18-49. Shine America and Ramsay’s One Potato Two Potato are producers of the series, based on a format created by Franc Roddam and Shine. Elisabeth Murdoch, Eden Gaha, Paul Franklin, Robin Ashbrook, Ramsay, Adeline Ramage Rooney, Patricia Llewellyn and Ben Adler serve as executive producers.
Fox Orders Season 3 Of ‘MasterChef Junior’
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Team
- ABC Reveals New Logo For 'The View', Teases In-The-Round Set
- Hot Trailer: Jazz Docu 'Keep On Keepin' On'
- Sundance Institute Taps 10 For Docu Music And Sound Design Lab
- Brian Huskey Set For ABC's 'Selfie'; Rebecca Forsythe Joins 'Members Only'
- Relativity's 'Beyond The Lights' To Open 18th Urbanworld Fest
- Step Right Up For 'American Horror Story: Freak Show' Premiere Date