Raul Gonzalez, most recently the co-host of Univision‘s Despierta America, has jumped to Telemundo, where he will host a new variety series slated for next season. He also will contribute to multiple series and specials, the first of which will be the Billboard Latin Music Awards Presented by State Farm to be broadcast live on April 24 at 7 PM. “I am delighted to be joining the team at Telemundo and for the trust they have shown in me,” said Gonzalez. “I am a firm believer in following your dreams and for me hosting a prime time series has always been one of my major goals. We share a passion for quality television and will bring our audience the programming they want and deserve.” Gonzalez left Univision last month after 12 years as co-host of Despierta America. He also frequently co-hosted the long-running variety show Sabado Gigante.
Longtime Univision Star Raul Gonzalez To Host Telemundo Variety Series
What's Hot on Deadline
TLC "Deeply Saddened" As It Pulls All Episodes of '19 Kids And Counting' In Wake Of Child Molestation Allegations - Update
'Ant-Man' Scribes Andrew Barrer & Gabriel Ferrari Join 'Transformers' Writers Room: Cybertron Pic In Offing?
Latest TV News
- ‘Jane The Virgin’ Emmy Campaign Employs Gina Rodriguez’s Own Words
- Jon Cor Joins ‘Shadowhunters’ On ABC Family
- Keke Palmer Joins ‘Grease: Live’ On Fox
- Graham Moore-Marc Forster Outbreak Drama Gets 10-Episode NBC Series Order
- Evolution Media Ups Alex Baskin To Partner, Expands Creative Team
- ‘Banshee’ Co-Creator Jonathan Tropper Inks Deal With HBO-Cinemax