Raul Gonzalez, most recently the co-host of Univision‘s Despierta America, has jumped to Telemundo, where he will host a new variety series slated for next season. He also will contribute to multiple series and specials, the first of which will be the Billboard Latin Music Awards Presented by State Farm to be broadcast live on April 24 at 7 PM. “I am delighted to be joining the team at Telemundo and for the trust they have shown in me,” said Gonzalez. “I am a firm believer in following your dreams and for me hosting a prime time series has always been one of my major goals. We share a passion for quality television and will bring our audience the programming they want and deserve.” Gonzalez left Univision last month after 12 years as co-host of Despierta America. He also frequently co-hosted the long-running variety show Sabado Gigante.
Longtime Univision Star Raul Gonzalez To Host Telemundo Variety Series
What's Hot on Deadline
Hollywood Cowardice: George Clooney Explains Why Sony Stood Alone In North Korean Cyberterror Attack
More From Team
- HBO Year-Ender Teases 'Game Of Thrones', 'Veep', More — Video
- Did U.S. Strike Back For Sony Hack? Massive North Korea Internet Outages Reported
- Jeff Zucker: CNN Had Terrific Year, Though “Not Without Its Challenges”
- Disney & Cable Operators Ink Retrans Deal For ABC-Owned Stations
- Alexandre Desplat On 'The Imitation Game': “I Was Moved By What Was Onscreen'
- 'Focus' Trailer: Will Smith, Margot Robbie & The Big Con