Raul Gonzalez, most recently the co-host of Univision‘s Despierta America, has jumped to Telemundo, where he will host a new variety series slated for next season. He also will contribute to multiple series and specials, the first of which will be the Billboard Latin Music Awards Presented by State Farm to be broadcast live on April 24 at 7 PM. “I am delighted to be joining the team at Telemundo and for the trust they have shown in me,” said Gonzalez. “I am a firm believer in following your dreams and for me hosting a prime time series has always been one of my major goals. We share a passion for quality television and will bring our audience the programming they want and deserve.” Gonzalez left Univision last month after 12 years as co-host of Despierta America. He also frequently co-hosted the long-running variety show Sabado Gigante.
Longtime Univision Star Raul Gonzalez To Host Telemundo Variety Series
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
UPDATE: 'Cops' Bryce Dion Killed By Friendly Fire In Omaha While Filming Response To Wendy's Robbery
More From Team
- No Hollywood Credits For Obama IP Czar Nominee
- Hot Trailer: Jon Stewart's 'Rosewater'
- David Hyde Pierce Joins 'The Good Wife' In Recurring Role
- TNT's 'Proof', Netflix's 'Narcos' & Amazon Pilot 'Man In The High Castle' Add Cast
- Academy Unveils 2014 Governors Awards: Harry Belafonte, Jean-Claude Carrière, Hayao Miyazaki, Maureen O'Hara