Saturday Night Live has its best luck with routines in which guest hosts make fun of themselves. That was the case last night when Lena Dunham, the creator and star of HBO’s Girls, acknowledged the vigorous debate over her show’s frequent nudity. She did it in the monologue (watch below) with a familiar set-up: She says SNL‘s a place “where people respect boundaries,” and then cast members predictably don’t. She also filmed a fake trailer (also below) for a movie about the biblical story of Adam and Eve where she plays her overanxious character from Girls and Taran Killam does an overwrought parody of Adam Driver, who portrays her boyfriend on the show. Check out the clips:
‘SNL’: Lena Dunham Makes Fun Of Nudity On ‘Girls’ (Video)
What's Hot on Deadline
Bernie Sanders: Obama Administration "Should Kill" The AT&T-Time Warner Deal: "Higher Prices & Fewer Choices"
'The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon' Showrunner Josh Lieb Departs For Uni TV Overall Deal, Trio Promoted To Run Show
Latest TV News
- ‘Red Oaks’ Appropriately Channels The ’80s In Faux TV Promo
- Donald Trump’s Debate 3 Performance Outstrips Cubs Game To Win Social Race
- ABC Buys Friends Comedy From ‘Wet Hot American Summer’ Co-EP Christina Lee
- Louis C.K., Tracy Morgan & Ryan Reynolds Join ‘Conan’s First New York Week Since 2011
- Obamageddon The Final Ride: POTUS Now In L.A For ‘Kimmel’ & Last Fundraisers
- Why Does Time Warner Want To Sell To AT&T, And What Will It Mean For Media?