TLC has ordered 12 half-hour episodes of a reality series following Leah Remini, who starred opposite Kevin James on CBS’ long-running comedy King Of Queens and served a short stint on syndicated The Talk. Production begins today, and a summer premiere is being eyed. The series, from Duck Dynasty producer Gurney Productions, will center on Brooklyn-born Remini’s family life in Los Angeles and will spotlight her husband Angelo, a devoted father who helps run their family diner, their 9-year-old daughter Sofia, her opinionated mother and eccentric stepfather, and her sister and brother-in-law. Her team includes her wisecracking housekeeper, Sofia’s British nanny, and Leah’s personal assistant who really wants to act. “Leah is a no-nonsense, hardworking, relatable mom, wife, daughter, and sister. Her sharp humor and unfiltered family are a perfect match for the network,” ,” TLC GM Nancy Daniels said in announcing the project. “This series continues our focus on creating compelling series about remarkable families, using heart and humor to anchor it to the TLC brand.” Remini, who did a turn on ABC’s Dancing With The Stars and recurs on theTV Land series The Exes, is repped by APA and attorney Michael Gendler.
TLC Orders Leah Remini Reality Series
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Team
- Abrams Artists Sues 'Ghost Adventures' Producer Over Unpaid Commissions
- Wil Wheaton Blogs His Syfy Show Is Toast
- Miranda Mayo Joins 'Pretty Little Liars'; Samm Levine In 'Selfie'
- A+E Networks Outbids Time Warner For 10% Vice Media Stake
- HBO Miniseries 'Olive Kitteridge' Sets November Premiere Dates
- UPDATE: Joan Rivers Is “Resting Comfortably”, Says Daughter Melissa