NBC‘s reality series Last Comic Standing resumes its search for America’s funniest comic on May 22 at 9 PM with new judges Roseanne Barr (Roseanne), Keenen Ivory Wayans (In Living Color) and Russell Peters (Notorious) and JB Smoove (Curb Your Enthusiasm) tapped as host. The network is promising innovative format changes, surprise celebrity guests and unexpected twists in 13-episode Season 8, which will open with invitation-only auditions. Last Comic Standing features the top 100 comics in America vying for 20 spots. These 20 will then compete in a semifinal round and the best of the best will emerge, with the top 10 moving into the challenge rounds. In this phase, they will compete in different comedy disciplines, such as sketch, improv and stand-up, proving themselves both individually and in teams. The series will air Thursdays at 10 PM following the premiere. Wanda Sykes and Page Hurwitz of Push It Prods. executive produce for Universal Television through their deal with the studio, along with The Marriage Ref‘s Javier Winnik.
NBC’s ‘Last Comic Standing’ Returns May 22 With New Judges Roseanne Barr, Keenen Ivory Wayans & Russell Peters; JB Smoove To Host
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Team
- A24, DirecTV Acquire Liam Hemsworth Thriller 'Cut Bank'
- Jeffrey Katzenberg Accepts Deadline's ALS Ice Bucket Challenge: Video
- David Yates In Talks For 'Harry Potter' Spin-Off 'Fantastic Beasts'
- Damon Lindelof Accepts Deadline's ALS Ice Bucket Challenge: Video
- EOne Acquires Liz Tuccillo's SXSW Rom-Com 'Take Care'
- TNT Nabs Rights To Lionsgate's 'Hunger Games' & 'Divergent' Franchises