NBC‘s reality series Last Comic Standing resumes its search for America’s funniest comic on May 22 at 9 PM with new judges Roseanne Barr (Roseanne), Keenen Ivory Wayans (In Living Color) and Russell Peters (Notorious) and JB Smoove (Curb Your Enthusiasm) tapped as host. The network is promising innovative format changes, surprise celebrity guests and unexpected twists in 13-episode Season 8, which will open with invitation-only auditions. Last Comic Standing features the top 100 comics in America vying for 20 spots. These 20 will then compete in a semifinal round and the best of the best will emerge, with the top 10 moving into the challenge rounds. In this phase, they will compete in different comedy disciplines, such as sketch, improv and stand-up, proving themselves both individually and in teams. The series will air Thursdays at 10 PM following the premiere. Wanda Sykes and Page Hurwitz of Push It Prods. executive produce for Universal Television through their deal with the studio, along with The Marriage Ref‘s Javier Winnik.
NBC’s ‘Last Comic Standing’ Returns May 22 With New Judges Roseanne Barr, Keenen Ivory Wayans & Russell Peters; JB Smoove To Host
Trending Now on Deadline
'Black-ish', 'Grey's Anatomy', 'Castle', 'The Goldbergs', 'Modern Family', 'Once Upon A Time' & Others Get Extra Episodes At ABC
More From Team
- Film Independent Spirit Awards 2015 To Be Broadcast Live On IFC
- Lyndsy Fonseca Joins 'Marvel's Agent Carter'
- Jim Parsons To Star In Animated 'Elf' Holiday Special On NBC
- 'Madam Secretary' Coming To U.K. On Sky Living; NBCUniversal International Television Production Pacts With TV3 Group Ireland…
- 'High Profits': New CNN Series Profiles Colorado Pot Business Owners
- Mary McCormack & Alicia Witt Join 'House Of Lies'; Lindsey Gort In 'Self Promotion'