NBC‘s reality series Last Comic Standing resumes its search for America’s funniest comic on May 22 at 9 PM with new judges Roseanne Barr (Roseanne), Keenen Ivory Wayans (In Living Color) and Russell Peters (Notorious) and JB Smoove (Curb Your Enthusiasm) tapped as host. The network is promising innovative format changes, surprise celebrity guests and unexpected twists in 13-episode Season 8, which will open with invitation-only auditions. Last Comic Standing features the top 100 comics in America vying for 20 spots. These 20 will then compete in a semifinal round and the best of the best will emerge, with the top 10 moving into the challenge rounds. In this phase, they will compete in different comedy disciplines, such as sketch, improv and stand-up, proving themselves both individually and in teams. The series will air Thursdays at 10 PM following the premiere. Wanda Sykes and Page Hurwitz of Push It Prods. executive produce for Universal Television through their deal with the studio, along with The Marriage Ref‘s Javier Winnik.
NBC’s ‘Last Comic Standing’ Returns May 22 With New Judges Roseanne Barr, Keenen Ivory Wayans & Russell Peters; JB Smoove To Host
What's Hot on Deadline
Hollywood Cowardice: George Clooney Explains Why Sony Stood Alone In North Korean Cyberterror Attack
Obama: Sony Made Mistake Pulling 'The Interview'; U.S. Will Respond Proportionally At Time And Place We Choose -- Update
More From Team
- 'Kim Jong-un' Targets Christmas Shoppers On SNL's 'Weekend Update'
- Dr. Evil Disses Sony, Kim Jong-un, Many Others In Mike Myers' Surprise 'SNL' Return
- Republicans To Exhibitors: Play 'The Interview'
- 'Orange Is The New Black' Inmates Croon A Zany 'Twelve Days Of Christmas' – Watch
- North Korea Wants To Work With U.S. To Find Hacker; Obama Admin Asks China For Help – UPDATE
- Sony Hack: Guardians Of Peace YouTube Video Jeering FBI Sent To Journalists