EXCLUSIVE: After four years at Turner, Kathryn Ann Busby has joined Sony Pictures Networks as SVP Programming & Production at a time when the international channel division of Sony Pictures TV is looking to ramp up its original series portfolio. Busby will oversee sourcing, development and early production of SPT Networks’ original series slate, working with the EVP Programming and Production and Network Programming heads around the world on all aspects of original development for the three main Sony channel brands – AXN, SET (Sony Entertainment Television) and Animax. Busby most recently served as VP of TNT and TBS Original Productions after a stint as VP Comedy Development for TBS, overseeing the network’s scripted development. Before that, Busby was supervising producer for The Aisha Tyler Show and SVP Production at New Line Cinema, where she served as exec producer on the Sex And The City movie and senior executive on Rush Hour 3. She also served as SVP/head of development at former indie powerhouse Carsey-Werner, where she oversaw the development of Grounded For Life. Busby began her television career as director of comedy development at Universal Television, following several years in the record industry.
Kathryn Busby Joins SPT Networks As SVP Programming & Production
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Andreeva
- CBS Buys Medical Drama From Sarah Watson & Jason Katims As Put Pilot
- Amblin TV Preps 'Minority Report' Series With 'Godzilla' Writer
- GSN Renews 'It Takes A Church' & 'The Chase'
- WE TV Orders 'Sex Box' Series About Couples Having & Discussing Sex
- Comedy Writer Lindsey Shockley Inks Overall Deal With ABC Studios
- RATINGS RAT RACE: 'Big Brother' & 'Penn & Teller: Fool Us' Perk Up, 'SYTYCD' Slips