Josh Duhamel is returning to television with a lead role in Battle Creek, CBS’ high-profile series written by Breaking Bad creator Vince Gilligan and House creator David Shore and directed by Bryan Singer. The straight-to-series drama centers on Detective Russ Agnew (Dean Winters) and FBI agent Milton Chamberlain (Duhamel), who have different worldviews but are teamed up to clean up the semi-mean streets of Battle Creek, MI. Duhamel’s Milton is a clean-cut FBI agent; a sincere, humble, even naive guy who heads from Detroit to Battle Creek to set up a satellite FBI office. Gilligan, who created Battle Creek several years ago, and Shore, who will serve as showrunner, will executive produce with Singer and Mark Johnson, with Janet McTeer and Kal Penn co-starring. ICM Partners-repped Duhamel started in daytime, on staple All My Children, before segueing to primetime with Crossing Jordan and Las Vegas, in which he played the co-lead opposite James Caan, and then features.
Josh Duhamel To Star In CBS Series ‘Battle Creek’, From Vince Gilligan & David Shore
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Andreeva
- Jon Turteltaub Producing CBS Family Comedy
- HBO & Playtone Take On Battle Against Offshoring With 'Factory Man' Miniseries
- Grant Gish Upped To VP Animation At 20th Century Fox TV
- Amazon Orders Soccer Kids Comedy Pilot 'The Kicks'
- NBC Eyes Horror Anthology Series From Jason Blum, Tony Krantz & Endemol
- Peter Segal To Direct & Executive Produce MTV's Ken Jeong Comedy Pilot