EXCLUSIVE: Hot off the debut of his most recent film at SXSW, the multihyphenate has booked his next acting gig. Jon Favreau will co-star in Universal‘s crime thriller Term Life, which stars Vince Vaughn as a thief who plans and sells heists to the highest bidder. He takes his estranged daughter (Hailee Steinfeld) on the lam when a job goes bad. Hunted by mob bosses, contract killers and dirty cops, he takes out a life insurance policy on himself to leave something for his kid. One problem: It doesn’t take effect for 21 days. Production began March 1 on the pic, which Vaughn, Micah Mason Victoria Vaughn and Kevin Frakes are producing with Raj Brinder Singh exec producing. Peter Billingsley will direct from a screenplay by A.J. Lieberman, who created the original graphic novel with Nick Thornborrow. PalmStar Media Capital and Merced Media financed Term Life. Favreau most recently directed and stars in Chef, which bowed Friday at the Austin fest. His recent onscreen credits include The Wolf Of Wall Street, Iron Man 3, Identity Thief and People Like Us. He is repped by CAA and attorney Geoffrey Oblath.
Jon Favreau Joins Universal Crime Thriller ‘Term Life’
Trending Now on Deadline
'Ouija' Box Office May Scare Up $20M, 'John Wick' No. 2 With A Bullet, Bill Murray Graces 'St. Vincent' - B.O. Weekend
More From Team
- UPDATE: Warner Bros Moves Up 'Entourage' Release By A Week
- Terry Keenan Dead: Longtime Business Reporter-Anchor At CNN, CNBC & Fox News
- Film Independent Spirit Awards 2015 To Be Broadcast Live On IFC
- Lyndsy Fonseca Joins 'Marvel's Agent Carter'
- Jim Parsons To Star In Animated 'Elf' Holiday Special On NBC
- 'Madam Secretary' Coming To U.K. On Sky Living; NBCUniversal International Television Production Pacts With TV3 Group Ireland…