EXCLUSIVE: Red Granite Pictures‘ president of production Joe Gatta has exited after three years at the company. He was responsible for Dumb And Dumber To (UNI), Horns (TWC), Friends With Kids (Roadside), Out Of The Furnace (REL), and some other high-profile development projects. He also worked in conjunction with international head Danny Dimbort on several third-party projects. With only one production last year — Dumb And Dumber To — and no productions scheduled for this year, Gatta’s departure is not that surprising as there hasn’t been any production for him to oversee — a big change from his days at Millennium where together with Dimbort they handled eight to 12 titles a year. And, come to think of it, that was even down from when Avi Lerner was pumping out 15 to 20 titles a year … which was only something like eight or nine years ago. Red Granite also fully financed/produced Martin Scorsese’s The Wolf Of Wall Street which has grossed more than $376.3M worldwide. Neither Red Granite nor Gatta would comment.
Joe Gatta Exits Red Granite After Three Years As Production President
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Busch
- Box Office End of Summer: Some Profitable Hits In An Overall Blah Season
- Box Office Preview: 'As Above, So Below' $470K In Late Nights, 'November Man' Weak At Start Of Long Labor Day Holiday
- Box Office Final: 'If I Stay' $15.6M; 'Game' $8.3M; 'Sin City 2′ $6.3M; 'Guardians' Sits Atop With $17.2M
- Toy King Hasbro Film Division Play: Creates New Post After Successful Run
- Movie Tracking In The Toilet: Fix Or Flush?