EXCLUSIVE: Red Granite Pictures‘ president of production Joe Gatta has exited after three years at the company. He was responsible for Dumb And Dumber To (UNI), Horns (TWC), Friends With Kids (Roadside), Out Of The Furnace (REL), and some other high-profile development projects. He also worked in conjunction with international head Danny Dimbort on several third-party projects. With only one production last year — Dumb And Dumber To — and no productions scheduled for this year, Gatta’s departure is not that surprising as there hasn’t been any production for him to oversee — a big change from his days at Millennium where together with Dimbort they handled eight to 12 titles a year. And, come to think of it, that was even down from when Avi Lerner was pumping out 15 to 20 titles a year … which was only something like eight or nine years ago. Red Granite also fully financed/produced Martin Scorsese’s The Wolf Of Wall Street which has grossed more than $376.3M worldwide. Neither Red Granite nor Gatta would comment.
Joe Gatta Exits Red Granite After Three Years As Production President
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Busch
- 'The Admiral: Roaring Currents' Becomes Top Grossing Korean Film In U.S.
- Box Office FINAL: 'Maze Runner' Finds $32.5M; Liam's 'Walk' Limps In With $12.7M; 'Where I Leave You,' $11.5M
- MGM Buys 55% Of Roma Downey And Mark Burnett's Empire; Relaunches United Artists
- Sarah Jones Walk-A-Thon Planned By 'Vampire Diaries,' 'The Originals' Cast And Crew
- Political Strategist Andy Spahn Adds Partner Jennifer Gonring To Co.'s Moniker
- 'Midnight Rider' Location Manager: No Plan “To Film A Scene On Active Railroad Tracks”