Former Jersey Shore star Mike “The Situation” Sorrentino will headline a new reality series at TVGN. The cable network has ordered The Sorrentinos, an eight-episode half-hour docu-comedy series featuring Sorrentino and his family—Mike (youngest brother), Linda (mother), Marc (middle brother), Melissa (sister) and Frank (older brother). Production starts this week in New Jersey. “The reality of the situation is… for the first time, fans and the general public, will be able to see and, well, meet Michael Sorrentino,” said The Situation. “This next chapter of my life is about sobriety and family, and I’m stoked to take people on this journey with us.” The Sorrentinos is executive produced by Julie and Seth Jarrett of Jarrett Creative (Boston’s Finest). Sorrentino is the latest Jersey Shore star to get their own series. Nicole Polizzi, Jennifer Farley and Paul DelVecchio headlined Jersey Shore spinoffs for MTV, Snooki & JWoww and The Pauly D Project.
‘Jersey Shore’ Star The Situation Gets TVGN Reality Series
What's Hot on Deadline
Hollywood Cowardice: George Clooney Explains Why Sony Stood Alone In North Korean Cyberterror Attack
More From Andreeva
- ABC Buys FBI Drama Produced By Jordan Kerner
- David Schwimmer To Play Robert Kardashian In FX's 'American Crime Story: People Vs. O.J.'
- Sarah Jessica Parker Poised To Star In HBO Divorce Comedy Pilot
- Ernie Hudson To Play Poseidon On 'Once Upon a Time'
- Christina Aguilera-Produced Dramedy, Twitter-Based Comedy, Shakespeare-Themed Drama On Prospect Park's Slate
- The Lucas Brothers To Topline & Co-Write Autobiographical Comedy For Fox