Former Jersey Shore star Mike “The Situation” Sorrentino will headline a new reality series at TVGN. The cable network has ordered The Sorrentinos, an eight-episode half-hour docu-comedy series featuring Sorrentino and his family—Mike (youngest brother), Linda (mother), Marc (middle brother), Melissa (sister) and Frank (older brother). Production starts this week in New Jersey. “The reality of the situation is… for the first time, fans and the general public, will be able to see and, well, meet Michael Sorrentino,” said The Situation. “This next chapter of my life is about sobriety and family, and I’m stoked to take people on this journey with us.” The Sorrentinos is executive produced by Julie and Seth Jarrett of Jarrett Creative (Boston’s Finest). Sorrentino is the latest Jersey Shore star to get their own series. Nicole Polizzi, Jennifer Farley and Paul DelVecchio headlined Jersey Shore spinoffs for MTV, Snooki & JWoww and The Pauly D Project.
‘Jersey Shore’ Star The Situation Gets TVGN Reality Series
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
UPDATE: 'Cops' Bryce Dion Killed By Friendly Fire In Omaha While Filming Response To Wendy's Robbery
More From Andreeva
- 'Friends' Stars Reprise Their Roles On 'Jimmy Kimmel Live'
- Family Man Comedy From Bill Wrubel Gets CBS Pilot Production Commitment
- Fox Buys Sci-Fi Drama 'Nod' From Jason Richman & Chernin Co.
- Rila Fukushima Joins 'Arrow', Riley Voelkel Cast In 'Point Of Honor'
- Fox Buys College Comedy From Weezer Frontman Rivers Cuomo & 'Psych' Creator Steve Franks As Put Pilot
- Jason Bateman's Aggregate Films Reups Film & TV Deal With Universal, Hires Executive